To apply an elastic bandage to a knee, one must possess certain technique. To do this, use a product in the form of a bandage made of cotton with an insert of elastic fibers. This bandage is used to fix any component of the musculoskeletal system in case of injury. It is better if the doctor or an already trained person will bandage the knee.
When do you need knee bandages
The first priority for elastic bandages is to reduce the strain on the knee to avoid injury. If you look at the weight with which athletes squat, the use of additional knee reinforcement is justified. But you should not wrap your knee with elastic bandages every time. Bandage is necessary only in exercises with a lot of weight.
The bandage on the knee is still used to increase strength. To do this, weightlifters opt for bandages with cushioning qualities. When such a bandage is placed on the knee, then the lifting ability at the lower point of the trajectory of movement increases significantly.
Thus, the knee is strengthened and helps to quickly return to their original position. Using this method, you can perform more repetitions and strengthen the muscles of the legs.
Powerlifters often use elastic bandages at championships and competitions. They wrap their knees with them and pick up heavy sports equipment. But it also happens that bandaging is just one of the conditions of competition.
Do not think that since all athletes are bandaging their legs, then everyone needs this. They just comply with the terms of the sports competition.
Bandage on the knee to recover from injuries
An elastic bandage is also used during the recovery period after injury. Doctors nevertheless recommend using special medical bandages in such cases, but if there are none at hand, then an elastic bandage will do.
An injured place must be fixed before playing sports. This method reduces the risk of complications after injury. However, heavy loads should be avoided. Pressure on the site of the injury can cause pain, cause swelling, or just cause discomfort while playing sports.
People who suffer from certain diseases need long-term fixation of the knees. All the same elastic bandages come to the rescue. Basically, these are diseases that are associated with joints.
Indications for wearing bandages or bandages on the knees:
- dislocation of the knee pad,
- complications after arthritis,
- spreading the knee pad,
How to bandage knees
Simply bandaging the knee with a special elastic bandage is not enough. Bandage the joint must be correct, then it will be of use and benefit. Each pack of elastic bandage tape contains instructions for use. Everything in it is clearly and clearly shown and described how to properly apply a bandage. Let's consider how to bandage a knee with an elastic bandage:
- before any workout, you need a warm-up, so you need to warm up the body before fixing the bandage on the knee,
- before starting to bandage the knee, you need a net and stretch your leg forward,
- the leg is kept in tension, but bent, and the toe is pulled,
- bandage the right foot counterclockwise, the left foot, on the contrary, against,
- first you need to bandage under the patella, on the outside and closer to the direction of the turn,
- each ligation revolution should capture one third of the previous revolution,
- fixing the bandage, after the last turn we insert a finger between the leg and the bandage and insert the end of the fabric into the hole formed,
- you cannot fix an old stretched bandage on your leg, there will be no sense from it.
The usual circular bandage on the foot is described above. There are several more types of elastic bandage application:
According to the method of spiral wrapping, bandages should be wound on knees from top to bottom, covering a small part of the previous turn of the dressing. Do and vice versa. According to the principle of the second type of spiral wrapping, the bandage is from the bottom up.
But the main disadvantage of this type of fixation is the sliding of the dressing. When bending and bending the knee, the bandage tries to crawl.
The tortoise method holds much better and has excellent fixation. At the same time, it does not restrict movement, therefore it is suitable for long-term wearing of a bandage. It is often used for bruises, tears and other injuries of the knees.
In order to tie the knee over the turtle, you need to spend several circles with an elastic bandage in the knee pad area. Next, hold the bandage around the circumference of the lower leg, then cross it in the popliteal fossa and again begin to bandage the circumference of the thigh. It is not necessary to tie, we fasten under the first layer.
A bandage for medicinal purposes is significantly different from ordinary gauze dressings. Such material has a lot of positive properties and a wider scope.
- It stretches well and is quite elastic (perfectly support the knee).
- More dense in comparison with traditional dressings.
- Not subject to deformation when worn.
- They are convenient to use.
- Strong enough and durable, which allows you to use the material repeatedly (in contrast to single gauze dressings).
An elastic bandage in practice is usually used as an independent therapeutic agent. The scope of use is quite extensive. It is recommended to have it in the home medicine cabinet for every active person, such dressings are used in medicine and sports. This dressing is widely used in schools and children's camps.
The early use of prostheses and the prevention of contractures are top priorities in the rehabilitation of amputees. To initiate orthopedic rehabilitation, the residual limb must be well cured and not born. An adequate supportive dressing in the postoperative period should.
Do you need bandages for beginners
They are firmly fixed, despite the movement of limb tissue, to control swelling, and stimulate tissue to facilitate prosthetics. Act as dressing. . Optimal pressure gradients can be applied to control edema, maintain circulation, and minimize inflammatory reactions, all.
Today it is truly an indispensable tool for helping the injured.
Dressings are used in various situations. It is advisable that the scope of use is supervised by a medical professional.
Which promote healing and are important in the formation of a residual limb. Among civilians, most amputations of the lower extremities are performed in elderly patients. Of these, 85 percent are secondary to ischemia caused by vascular diseases. The healing process in these patients is slow, and tissue disorder further prolongs hospitalization and delays prosthetics.
Why do you need elastic bandages for squats
Edema is common and in the postoperative period inevitable. However, the presence of swelling and the inability to swell to deteriorate adversely affect rehabilitation. Tissue compression is desirable. One of the biggest problems is the lack of an effective dressing that will support, compress and protect the limb.
Common Cases for Use:
- After suffering sports injuries.
- The presence of orthopedic diseases.
- With dislocations or bruises.
- The presence of palpable edema.
- With thrombophlebitis in a chronic form.
The final diagnosis and indications for use are established by the doctor. It is impossible to decide on your own that you simply need a bandage.
How to bandage a knee with an elastic bandage?
Four main types of compression dressing were investigated. Soft dressings, pneumatic devices, semi-rigid dressings, abrasive dressings. . Elastic Wrap Dressing - A commonly used soft dressing. It is inexpensive and readily available. It has been traditionally used, despite its inability to maintain a continuous dense surface and the difficulty that arises when applying a wrapper. The usefulness of this type of dressing in amputation management is controversial. The use of the patient with such a dressing often leads to poor results and can have negative consequences, such as compromised venous flow and thromboembolism.
This tool can serve as an excellent prevention of knee injuries, and if damage has already occurred, it will help to cope with the disease.
Are there situations where the application of a bandage on the knee is strictly prohibited? Yes, they do, and quite often! As with other medical devices, in practice there are a number of contraindications for wearing.
Other types of soft dressings have been studied. Dowie examined a plastic bag made of vinyl chloride as a primary dressing. drying chest as a secondary dressing. In recent years, various types of pneumatic devices have been developed. The pneumatic device allows you to adjust the external applied pressure, as well as the availability of the workplace for inspection. These devices have been recommended as an alternative dressing for cases where a hard dressing cannot be applied.
The use of a rigid plaster dressing immediately after surgery is widely supported as a method that accelerates the shrinkage of the final limb and forms the limb for prosthetics. Of paramount importance when considering a compressive dressing is the amount of external pressure that can be used externally without compromising vascular nutrition. Husni and his colleagues found that maximum venous acceleration and minimal obstruction of the inflow are achieved at pressures of 15–20 mm Hg. The jamb has demonstrated a marked susceptibility of tissue to relatively low constant pressures for short periods of time.
- The presence of obliteration (in cases of closure of the lumen) of the arteries. For example, with atherosclerosis, Raynaud’s disease, endarteritis.
- With severe diabetes.
- In case of inflammation in the area of application of bandaging on the knee or the presence of infectious lesions.
The final contraindications are established by the doctor.
When applying the dressing yourself, you should remember about contraindications, and warn the doctor if there are any discomfort.
He observed microscopic evidence of edema and cell infiltration when 50 mmHg. Manifested for two hours. In addition, steady pressure in excess of 25 mm Hg potentially dangerous. Husni and colleagues found that the pressure of elastic bandages exceeding 10 mmHg. Art. It simulates large venous occlusion, while with an air splint, pressure up to 20 mmHg can be safely applied. This result was due to the tourniquet effect created by the elastic bandage.
Several studies have compared the effectiveness of different dressing methods. Mooney and colleagues found that the greatest delay in prosthetics occurs among people with amputated limbs who used elastic bandages rather than hard plaster casts. The failure rate for the elastic bandage group was 22 percent, compared with 6 percent for the gypsum group. The elastic wrap showed the largest pressure range, as well as most of the highest readings.
Ask your healthcare provider to show you an example of how to apply a bandage. After all, errors in dressing instead of a positive result can lead to a negative.
Varieties of bandages
Before buying, be sure to carefully study the packaging, which contains the necessary information. After all, an elastic bandage can possess not only different lengths or widths, but also stretchability (from small to high). And since each bandage has its own purpose, it is the correctly selected size of the dressing that will allow you to avoid trouble when wearing.
Therefore, elastic dressing is unreliable and potentially dangerous in terms of pressure and pressure distribution. Subjects were 12 amputations with lower limbs. Five men and seven women aged 12 to 88 years. The median age was 56, and the median was four main criteria for adoption.
These 10 elements were used to evaluate independence in packaging procedures. During each week of the test period, each element that the subject could perform depending was disabled. The total score was obtained by adding the number of checked checks. Subjects were weighed at the beginning and at the end of the trial period to ensure a stable weight was maintained over the four-week test period.
- With low extensibility (not less than 30%). They are used to treat venous insufficiency in the last stages, as well as with venous thrombosis. This type is recommended for severe lymphedema, varicose veins of the last stage. When providing the victim with medical care, they allow you to apply a bandage to the patient's body as quickly as possible. They also contribute to the excellent fixation of dressings.
- With an average extensibility (not less than 100%). Such bandages are used, for example, in cases of varicose veins, with ailments associated with the consequences of trophic ulcers, from phlebitis. As a rule, they are used to maintain the integrity of the tissues after the removal of the plaster cast. Such a bandage is bought by people who have had surgery on the vessels of the leg (sclerotherapy).
- With high extensibility (not less than 150%). This type is used for varicose veins of I or II degree, with lipodermic diseases. Recommended for bedridden patients. In particular, in cases where it is required to maintain joints after operations or acquired injuries. High elasticity bandage is also placed on the knee of pregnant girls.
A bandage with high elasticity is effective if you have a hematoma or you are engaged in professional sports, if the ligament or meniscus is damaged. It is advisable to use it after arthroscopy, when practicing therapeutic exercises.
Of the 12 limbs, 10 required amputation due to ischemia caused by diabetes mellitus or vascular disease. This proportion of amputations caused by coronary artery disease is close to the percentage previously reported in the general population. Subjects were randomly divided into two groups. The instructions for each subject were uniform and consistent. The training session was completed when the subject consistently followed the steps of the proper wrapping technique. Subjects using socks for drying were instructed in the correct application.
As a rule, the degree of extensibility is prescribed by the doctor. If you use the bandage repeatedly, then for independent use, select the size that suits you.
Myths and truth about elastic bandages
Common contact and proper suspension were emphasized. All subjects were instructed to reapply the dressing at least every four hours, and more often if necessary. To determine the residual volume of the limbs, the anthropometric method was used to calculate the segment volume of the limbs of the legs13. Formula for truncated cone volume using circumference and height measurements.
The total length of the residual limb of the lower knee was determined using a modified linear ruler using the medial tibial plateau and the end of the tissue as proximal and distal landmarks, respectively. These guidelines are easily perceptible and correspond to those used to determine the length of the limb for the manufacture of a prosthesis below the knee.
The main element of all dressings made with a bandage is a turn. It is formed at the time of wrapping the material of any part of the human body. For the very first turn imposed on any limb of a person, the dressings are placed a little diagonally so that you can clamp the beginning of the bandage in your hands. Thanks to this small “trick”, the bandage will not weaken during further actions and will remain in place.
The first tape was placed on the site of the medial plateau of a large number of tibia. If the height of the distal cone itself was less than 4 cm, its height was determined by subtracting the sum of the heights of the proximal cones from the total length of the limb.
The tape for the distal circumference of this cone was located as close to the end of the limb as possible. All measurements were taken when the subject was sitting with a weakened knee and bent to 90 degrees. Represents a demographic description of both samples. Note that the chest group was older and had more vascular disease than the bandage group. The absence of differences in the length of the residual limb was noted.
- Чтобы сделать хорошую перевязку, которая не будет сползать, принято держать материал в правой руке под определенным углом, а витки следует делать в направление «пациента».
- Не стоит сильно перетягивать повязку, потому как у бинтуемого человека может нарушиться кровообращение в этой части тела из-за сдавливания тканей. Поэтому рекомендуется делать повязку при легком натяжение.
- To avoid venous stagnation, a bandage should be applied from left to right in the direction from the periphery of the bandaged body part to the human body.
The bandage ends with the fastening of the first and last round, or as it is also called - tours.
Summing the volumes of each truncated cone, the total volume for the limb was determined. presents average volume determinations for each packaging method over a four-week testing period. Please note that for the dressing method there was an average increase of 5 cm 3, while the average value decreasing in value of 6 cm 3 for the elastic drying method was average. Comparison of these two means for these two methods showed that the elastic drying method allowed to significantly increase the volume after four weeks than the dressing method.
In practice, there are several overlay options:
- Cruciform (8-shaped).
For ligation of the knee joint, the "Turtle" technique is traditionally used. This method can be used both in medical institutions, and with the independent application of a bandage in a domestic environment. The main thing is to carry out the dressing procedure correctly.
However, this result can be explained by the increase in the percentage of ischemic disease in the group of compressive socks, since this type of disease can create greater potential for shrinkage. Assuming that younger patients may respond better than older patients to the wrap, it is truly surprising that no changes were observed in the dressing group, despite the fact that it consisted of the youngest subjects in the sample.
These statistical results confirm our clinical observations noted during treatment of these and other patients, which are not reported here. In general, we thought that scrapers were more efficient, so in many cases we replaced them with dressings.
How to bandage the knee? This topical issue concerns not only the majority of victims, but also private practitioners. Applying dressing according to the rules allows the use of a certain technique.
In practice, various techniques are used to apply a bandage to a problem area. In case of damage to the knee joint, as a rule, apply the so-called Turtle bandage. This technique is extremely useful, and everyone is encouraged to study it.
We recommend using an elastic screed toe as the treatment of choice for treating the knee joint. In this study, elastic ligation is ineffective in reducing the volume of the residual limb, and therefore its use should be overestimated, especially for patients with vascular diseases.
Action elastic bandage
A wrap wrapper is used to prevent swelling, which can help you feel better. It does not support the ankle or prevents it from moving, so it does not protect it, except to remind you to be careful with your ankle.
Experts advise that all tourists and athletes correctly learn to apply the Turtle bandage correctly, because these people are much more likely to get injured than others. It also differs in that it practically does not subside and allows the victim to move with the damaged part of the body, which is extremely useful in many cases.
Correctly apply dressings - this is guaranteed to prevent possible troubles with the knee joint. Each person needs to learn this procedure if he wants to avoid trouble with damage to the knee joint.
In practice, two types of this dressing are distinguished:
- Convergent. This technique is used for damage to areas near the joint. A fastening tour is placed in the patella area, the following are wound in turn: higher, then lower by about a third (or slightly more) of the width of the bandage.
- Diverging. This technique is used if the knee itself is damaged. After the last round, the ends of the bandage are tied in loops and connected to the flexion surface of the knee joint, which ensures reliable fastening of the bandage. It is worth noting that, according to a similar principle, this dressing is also suitable for damage to other large joints. For example, when applying a bandage for damage to the elbow joint, the first round is usually placed in the area of the ulnar process.
To summarize, we can confidently note the importance of using materials such as elastic bandages for the knee. In modern society, such funds are becoming really necessary not only for therapeutic purposes, but also as preventive measures.
How to bandage with an elastic bandage?
An elastic bandage is an indispensable thing in any medicine cabinet. It can be of different diameters and lengths. It all depends on the purpose for which you plan to apply an elastic bandage. Let's look at the situations in which doctors recommend wearing elastic bandages.
Benefits of Elastic Bandage
- The gauze bandage is subject to deformation already at the first application, which does not happen with elastic material,
- The gauze bandage is almost impossible to reuse, and the elastic bandage can be wound repeatedly
- The gauze bandage weakens very quickly, stretches and constantly slides. In turn, a properly applied elastic bandage will “sit” tight enough.
The benefits are substantial, but it is important to know how to properly apply an elastic bandage. To do this, you need to learn a few rules.
- Woven. Made from latex and cotton. It should be noted that such bandages are not very popular, they are almost never used. This is due to the high likelihood of patients developing allergies to latex components.
- Knitted. They are made by means of polyurethane fibers or polyamide.
Elastic bandages by type of fixation:
- Tall. The bandage for the knee joint increases threefold when stretched, and with complete contraction of the tissue there is no strong compression.
- Average. Such a bandage can double at the moment of stretching. It is used for the treatment of a variety of venous pathologies, for joint injuries, as well as for fixing damaged joints and periarticular tissues, ligaments in patients with gonarthrosis.
- Low. It is characterized by not very good fixation and elasticity, but it has a high level of compression.
An elastic bandage is used not only to bandage the knee, but also as an elbow bandage on the joint of the upper limb.
How to choose a bandage?
The selection of a quality and suitable product for the subsequent treatment of a diseased knee is extremely important. It is worth considering that only fixation with high elasticity will help the patient. Multi-layer application causes too much pressure on the joint. An elastic bandage on a knee made of cotton fibers is best suited for fixing the knee joint - this is the best solution. Velcro, clips or hook-shaped fastenings are used to bandage the knee and fasten the bandage.
Before buying a dressing, it is useful to familiarize yourself with the main recommendations in this regard:
- Ask your doctor about the most suitable option.
- Depending on the injury, select the necessary elasticity of the product.
- Well-known and long-established manufacturers in the market should be selected.
How to apply an elastic bandage to a knee?
After bandaging, there is often a feeling of tightness, possibly blue skin. Sometimes the bandage needs to be rewound, but if the dressing is applied correctly, these symptoms disappear on their own. Thus, if 20 minutes have passed, and a slight turning blue and a feeling of tightness remain, a dressing is needed. It is necessary to re-bandage the affected knee again, slightly loosening the bandage. To quickly and correctly wrap the bandage on the knee when stretched, you should study the general instructions. She explains step by step how to wind. Fundamental rules:
- Check soft tissue for specific swelling. If present, lift the leg and lie down before bandaging the affected limb.
- Winding the knee correctly, you need to start winding from the narrow to the wide.
- Compression in the fossa under the knee should be less than in the area of the knee pad having a specific radius.
- Creasing during bandaging is unacceptable, as strong discomfort doubles.
- The bandage should be wound tightly to the skin, wrapping from right to left.
- A competent knee bandage looks like this: the previous turn is necessarily blocked by about a third with a new layer of bandage. If the elastic properties are lost, the knee fixation bandage is thrown away.
An elastic bandage should be applied after preliminary heating of the muscles. The use of such a bandage at the time of training is recommended only when working with heavy weight.
How does an elastic bandage help while running?
Elastic bandage is used for:
- Reducing the load on the menisci - cartilage of the knee joint, since the joint itself receives additional fixation, thereby preventing its deformation and maintaining anatomical integrity. The risk of dislocations, bruises, sprains of the knee joint area is reduced.
- Restore blood circulation in the joint, by maintaining vascular tone. Thus, it is possible to avoid swelling during running.
How to choose an elastic bandage for the knee before running?
The following types of bandages are distinguished: low, medium and high elasticity:
- A bandage of high elasticity is applied to the knee joint (it should be stretched by more than 141% of the entire length, its length should be about 1-1.5 m, width - 8 cm).
- It is desirable that it be made of cotton - the application will be easier and softer.
- These bandages can be bought at a pharmacy or sports store.
- You also need to make sure that you have retainers - various fasteners and Velcro.
How to bandage a knee with an elastic bandage before running - instructions
At the beginning, the athlete is positioned so that his leg takes a horizontal position, and is asked to relax it, slightly bending at the knee joint.
To further designate tissue turnover from left to right around the body part (in our case, the knee), we will use the term “tour”.
- Take the bandage. Put the first two rounds below the joint, and the second two - above. Each subsequent round should be superimposed on two-thirds of the previous and one-third - not on a bandaged skin area. The tension should be moderate.
- Bandage towards the center of the joint. Here the tension should be stronger.
- At the end of the procedure, we check the density and correctness of the bandage and fix the bandage with a clip.
It is impossible:
- Bandage the leg in a swollen place.
- To apply a bandage with folds.
- Do a bandage for each workout, not letting your legs rest.
- Use a stretched bandage.
- Tie the knots on the bandage.
- Strongly pull the knee.
If the bandage is applied correctly, then you can bend and straighten the leg. Otherwise, it will be necessary to redo it, since excessive compression can damage the inner surface of the patella. After bandaging, the limb should turn slightly blue, but after 20 minutes it passes.
Another way to check the correctness of the overlay is to put your finger under the bandage. Normally, it should fit there.
One of the most simple dressing techniques. The disadvantage of such a bandage is that it is not very strong, can easily roll when moving, after which the knee will need to be bandaged.
- With your left hand we hold the initial end. With our right hand, we begin to bandage the area under the knee joint, gradually moving towards the area above the joint.
- In the process of bandaging we do 2-3 rounds.
- We fix the end of the bandage with a special clamp.
There are two options for applying a spiral dressing: ascending and descending.
- We hold one edge of the bandage under the knee in front, the second we begin to wrap it, gradually moving up.
- After the knee joint area is completely closed, we fix the bandage.
Descending bandage (more reliable):
- Also hold one edge of the bandage under the knee.
- We begin to bandage the area below the knee.
- At the end of the manipulation we fix the bandage.
Turtle dressing is the most common and effective, as it is well fixed on the knee and does not fall even with active physical exertion.
There are two options for applying this bandage: converging and diverging.
- Put the first round below the knee joint by 20 centimeters (the distance is approximately equal to the length of the palm of an adult) and fix it.
- The next round is laid obliquely upwards, 20 centimeters above the knee.
- Then they direct the bandage to the bottom, making another revolution. In this case, it is important to wrap one-third of the bandaged area.
Thus, we alternate bandaging the area above and below the joint, moving to its center, where the tension should be greater.
- The algorithm is repeated until the center of the knee is bandaged.
- We check the density and quality, fix the bandage.
- We begin bandaging from the middle of the joint.
- We impose tours, moving to the periphery and moving the bandage up and down.
- Behind it is necessary to make a bandage cross.
- We repeat this algorithm before we close the area located 20 centimeters below the knee.
- We check the density and quality, fix the bandage.
Precautions and side effects
Too tight or frequent bandage on the knee joint can damage the inner surface of the kneecap and muscle. Thus, when performing such procedures, you need to have the ability to use winding techniques. The constant use of elastic bandages often turns into a psychological addiction. This affects athletes, especially lovers of heavy sports, weightlifting and bodybuilding. Such a person gradually gets so used to training in elastic bandages that he is unable to do even one exercise if he forgot to wrap his knee. This is a precautionary measure, which gradually turns into a psychological dependence. There is a common misconception that if you do not tie up and fix the bandages, they will lead to damage to the limb or inability to perform the required exercise.
Is the elastic bandage applied correctly?
To understand whether an elastic bandage is properly applied to the knee, several factors must be addressed. Otherwise, the expected effect from the dressing should not be expected: it will only interfere, hamper the movement.
So, we put a bandage, now we pay attention to:
- the movements should be moderately limited, a slight pressure is felt when moving the joint, nothing should hurt anywhere,
- the bandage does not slip,
- there is no ripple under the bandage
- there is no sensation of soft tissue numbness, nothing is transmitted,
- after the correct application of the elastic bandage of the code, it got a little lighter and colder, but after about fifteen minutes all these sensations passed, and the rewound area returned to its previous state,
- You can check the necessary bandage tension by putting your little finger under the bandage, if the finger passes, then the tension is in moderation. Such a fixation will not hamper the movement and crush the tissue, but at the same time, the bandage will not slip.
How to choose knee bandages
Elastic bandage for knees can be purchased at almost any pharmacy. Moreover, it is in the pharmacy that they are more affordable for the average person than in sports stores. In specialized points, a bandage is twice as expensive as in a pharmacy. But the quality of the pharmacy is in no way inferior and is inexpensive.
Over time, the bandage needs to be changed. It stretches and becomes unusable for its intended purpose. Therefore, the need to purchase a new bandage is always there if you are involved in a particular sport.
As a rule, stores have a large assortment of bandages, different in size: footage and width. There are elastic bandages and gauze. Before buying, you need to decide which bandage is needed so that it is convenient to wrap it on the knee joint.
For winding the knee, athletes usually use a bandage that does not exceed two meters in length and no more than eight centimeters in width. Bandage the knee down and up about fifteen centimeters. It turns out the total footage of the dressing thirty centimeters.
Types of Elastic Bandages
Elastic bandages are made of elastin: fabric using rubber threads. Thanks to these veins, the bandage is tightly fixed on the human body. They can be called in different ways, but the principle of action is one.
There are several types of compression bandage veins, which allows you to choose the right one for a particular case. Knitted and woven bandages are also distinguished.
Elastic bandage stretch ratio:
- A high degree stretches the dressing almost three times.
- The average degree stretches the bandage twice.
- A low degree increases by only 40 percent of the entire length.
Medium and low stretch bandages are still divided into several classes.
Качество повязки напрямую зависит от состава ткани. Свое предпочтение лучше отдавать хлопковым повязкам – они удобнее всего сидят на теле, к тому же натуральный материал приятен к коже.
Синтетику в бинте можно определить на глаз: такие ткани излишне блестящие. But synthetics are much more durable, so often athletes opt for unnatural fabrics.
Dry the washed bandage in a straightened state, it is impossible to smooth. Keep the bandage folded up. If everything is done correctly, the bandage will last for five years.
Tips for Using Elastic Bandage for Knees
Of course, the benefit of the bandage is, and it is obvious. But nevertheless, one should not get involved in rolling the joint. When using such support for the knee, one must keep in mind the density of its fastening on the leg. If you wind the fabric loosely, then it will not perform its functions.
After sports have ended, you must immediately remove the bandages. You should not continue to practice with rewound legs, if you no longer plan to lift heavy weight. Too often to use such a fixation is also not recommended, unless you have weak ligaments. Everything needs to be done in moderation and only when necessary.
Remember, rewinding knees with bandages will not save you from possible injuries! This is not knee protection, but just support. Therefore, do not overestimate the bandage, do not overexert when squatting with weights, so as not to get injured.
Bandaging will cover training if the athlete suffers from arthrosis or other diseases. Arthrosis causes pain to a person whose life is directly related to physical activity. Bandages are necessary in this case.