Are you having trouble sleeping? With the increase in daily activities, the process of falling asleep is much more complicated. It’s not enough just to lie down and close your eyes. Too many stimuli and disturbing thoughts prevent the brain from giving the body a command to rest. This article provides detailed instructions on how to use auto-hypnosis to relax and transition into a state of deep calm sleep.
Method 1 Practice Self-Hypnosis
Hypnosis is a technique for using attention span to influence behavior. To successfully enter a state of hypnosis, you need to relax as much as possible.
- 1 Sit back. Find the most comfortable pose for you, for example, lying on your back or on your side. If necessary, remove the pillow from under your head and eliminate the discomfort of clothing. The pillow can be placed under or between the legs. The light should be dim or completely off.
- 2 Relieve stress from your body.
- Breathe. Close your eyes and concentrate on your chest. Take three slow, deep breaths. Focus on your breath, feel the air slowly entering your body. Open your mouth and relax your jaw muscles. Exhale slowly, feel the air coming out of the lungs. Do not exert effort on this. Air should flow from your body. Let the breath be light, not tense. Feel how, with each breath, your body relaxes, drowning in a soft bed. After three deep breaths, continue to breathe normally and gradually relax.
- Start with your toes. Concentrate on this part of your body. Move your toes slightly, you just need to feel their movement. Then relax your fingers and feel the tension recede. You can say the phrase: “I can feel my toes relaxing.”
- Do the same with all the other parts of your body. Mentally divide your body into small areas: feet, ankles, lower legs, knees, upper legs, hips, back, chest, shoulders, fingers, arms, forearms, elbows, wrists, neck, neck, jaw, face, mouth, eyes , ears, crown of the head. Continue to breathe deeply and slowly, gradually relaxing. Tell yourself: “I feel a warm relaxing wave flowing through my ... ..”. And so with every part of the body.
- 3 Deepen your relaxation. To do this, you need to repeat certain phrases in your mind over and over again. As a result, you will feel calm and tranquility throughout the body. Here are sample phrases:
- With each breath, I relax more and more ... I become more and more relaxed and more relaxed ...
- My body is getting heavier. I feel tired and fall asleep ... I am tired and fall asleep ...
- I think in my mind and fall asleep ... 20,19,18 ...
- 4 Imagine something nice. If your body is already relaxed and your brain is still active, try the next exercise, which will help you free yourself from unnecessary thoughts and anxiety. Imagine a place where you once were or would like to visit, the place that you associate with peace, silence and happiness. Allow your mind to rest while these feelings are spreading through your body and you are slowly falling into sleep.
- 5 Protect your sleep. Falling asleep is only half the battle. You may suddenly wake up under the influence of some factors, and falling asleep again will be very problematic for you.
- Free yourself from disturbing thoughts. As a rule, thoughts that come to mind at night are more intrusive and disturbing. If such thoughts prevent you from falling asleep, say to yourself: "I will not think and worry now, because it's time to sleep."
- Speak comforting words to yourself. Think of words that have a calming meaning for you, for example: sleepy, quiet, relaxed, peaceful. These words must be pronounced in the mind, slowly inhaling and exhaling.
Method 2 Remember Good Habits
You can increase the effectiveness of the autohypnosis technique by following simple rules for bedtime behavior, for example:
- 1 Avoid caffeinated foods before bedtime. This stimulant remains in the body for a long time after taking it. Be aware that even caffeinated drinks may contain small amounts of caffeine.
- 2 Eat loosely and early. If your evening meal will consist of heavy foods, your digestive system will have to work hard to digest it. Try to give up food at least an hour before bedtime.
- 3 Reduce fluid intake. If you are one of those who constantly runs to the toilet at night, try to save yourself from this problem, that is, just drink less at night.
- 4 Analyze the impact of sports training on your sleep. For some people, hard cardio workouts are a direct way to sleep disturbance. In others, by contrast, a high level of endorphin leads to relaxation of the nervous system. Even if you have accurately established what effect exercise has on your ability to fall asleep, do not exercise a few hours before bedtime. But a short walk or a light workout, on the contrary, will help you calm down.
- 5 Set yourself a mode. Going to sleep at the same time will eventually become a habit with you, and your body will automatically go into "sleep mode". The regime does not guarantee a solution to the problem, but, nevertheless, this is not a bad way to develop the habit of falling asleep, by analogy with the habit of waking up in the morning, at the same time.
- 6 Create the most comfortable sleeping conditions. The room should have an optimal temperature, a comfortable bed or sofa, a pillow, the level of lighting and noise (or rather silence). You should sleep in clothes that do not squeeze or bother you. Surprisingly, but not even significant, at first glance, little things can affect your ability to fall asleep.
Self-hypnosis is a psychotherapeutic technique that can teach you how to manage your emotions, thoughts, improve your body and find harmony with the world around you.
The concept of self-hypnosis, as well as the main areas of its application, on which it acts. Description of the basic aspects and methods of introducing oneself into hypnosis, ways to control your own mind against the background of altered consciousness.
Self-hypnosis is a common psychotherapeutic technique, which consists in introducing oneself into a specific hypnotic state and acting with the help of various commands and attitudes on consciousness. That is, a person must do all this on his own without anyone else's help. It is absolutely safe and not capable of causing harm to both the physical and mental components of human health.
The scope of self-hypnosis
Naturally, most serious mental or psychological problems cannot always be resolved using this method. The severity of a particular condition is the main point in choosing an effective psychotherapy. Self-hypnosis is rather an effective method to manage your life, to set the criteria and formulations that a person really considers necessary, helps to get rid of subconscious fears and barriers. At the same time, the scope of the technique of self-hypnosis is quite versatile and covers most of all psychological problems.
The main areas of application of self-hypnosis:
⦁ Correction of reaction to stress. You can use special settings that will help to more pragmatically approach the problems of acute external factors in the human psyche. It contributes to the correction of a specific reaction to stress, which is dictated by the temperament and character of each individual, destroys template behavior and builds new patterns, which helps to more effectively deal with problems.
⦁ Normalization of rest and sleep. Due to the imbalance in this area, a person does not manage to fully relax, therefore, working capacity and concentration of attention are reduced. With the help of self-hypnosis, you can inspire yourself with the specific tasks of a strong restorative sleep and improve the well-being of a person. The condition after a long rest is also corrected, in which a surge of strength, energy and enthusiasm should be felt.
⦁ Getting rid of addictions. Even alcohol abuse, smoking, drugs can be deleted from life thanks to self-hypnosis. The correct attitude towards a healthy lifestyle and dependence on a constant desire to maintain one's bad habits helps to improve a person’s well-being and get rid of unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. That is, you can directly suggest to yourself that there is no feeling of dependence on a particular habit.
⦁ Installation for body weight correction. In most cases, the causes of obesity lie in the psychological state of a person who thus reacts to adverse external conditions or copes with psychological stress. If this is the case, then with the help of auto-suggestion you can change this option and lay the wording for weight loss.
⦁ Getting rid of fears, obsessions, shyness and self-doubt. Any psychological characteristics of a person that create difficulties in a routine life are corrected with the help of self-hypnosis. You can set yourself up for a specific trend in behavior, eliminate pathological fears, thereby simplifying daily tasks and improving your quality of life.
⦁ Treatment of psychosomatic diseases. There is a category of diseases that are manifested by real symptoms of dysfunction of the internal organs, but with a detailed examination of the changes are not detected. That is, the cause of all the signs of disease lies in the psychological characteristics of the reactivity of the human psyche. Most diseases in this category are chronic and sluggish nosologies that are difficult to treat and prone to spontaneous remissions and exacerbations.
The main stages of self-hypnosis
Almost all techniques represent the same sequence of actions, differing only in small details. Absolutely all methods of self-hypnosis are effective if you follow the rules and nuances of immersion in a hypnotic state and exit from it. Thus, it is necessary to perform several steps in order.
Before proceeding to the actual methodology, it is necessary to develop those patterns that will be instilled, or at least their basic principles. Be sure to express your own attitude to the problem and expectations from this procedure.
Example: “I want to stop smoking cigarettes.” A person should be firmly committed to breaking the habit and not counting on deceptive ways. It is necessary to evaluate smoking, take into account its positive and negative sides, make a decision with a share of pragmatism. It is necessary to be categorical in your desire and formulate the installation clearly and necessarily unambiguously.
The first step can take several minutes, and sometimes life is not enough to formulate your desires. A person who does not really understand what he is trying to achieve through self-hypnosis is unlikely to get the expected result.
Strong intentions and purpose allow a person not to lose what he is conducting self-hypnosis and attachment to reality. The decision must be made carefully and be guided exclusively by cold reason and logic. It is advisable not to affect the emotional aspect of the problem, but only to display a specific goal.
For example, “I am confident in my abilities, I can achieve the best” or “I feel good, I am not at all bothered by the arm / leg / heart.” The second phrase is used to correct psychosomatic disorders.
It is best if the wording of self-hypnosis is written on paper. So a person can relax and just read without thinking about what needs to be said. This is especially useful for self-hypnosis for beginners.
At this stage, complete relaxation and peace are ensured. Ways to achieve this state may be different, depending on the specific conditions, capabilities and characterological characteristics of the individual. The psychological state of a person at the time of self-hypnosis also plays an important role. Naturally, emotion will only impede the implementation of the second paragraph.
The state of complete relaxation can be achieved using several methods, which are quite known for their application, but have several important features. Relaxation can be achieved easier if you are in the room alone and no extraneous sounds will interfere with the procedure. It is best if the possibility of a sudden interruption of a self-hypnosis session is excluded.
Consider the factors affecting the effectiveness of self-hypnosis, in more detail:
1. Venue. It is important that the room or room where a person is trying to achieve complete relaxation is not furnished provocatively or its interior is distracting. As mentioned above, it is impossible to achieve relaxation in the passage rooms or where there is the possibility that at any moment someone can drop by. Relaxation takes place exclusively in the full sense of security of what is happening. The risk of being caught at the time of the procedure greatly complicates this step of self-hypnosis.
2. Lighting. Full relaxation of a person can also be prevented by bright and cold light, which irritates the retina and prevents the brain from reducing its activity. The light sources in the room should not be evident or distract from this procedure. It is best perceived as a soft, warm, dim light that does not attract attention. If the wording is written on paper, then it is necessary that the brightness in the room is sufficient for comfortable reading.
3. Sounds. The self-hypnosis technique also welcomes the presence of sound. This is not necessary if classical melodies are alien to a person or they are poorly perceived. The gold standard for audio accompaniment in self-hypnosis is the classic composition, which is performed at a calm pace. Naturally, instrumental music is better perceived.
4. Muscle relaxation. It is important that every muscle in the body feels heavier and relaxes. To do this, you need to conduct a simple exercise, which is based on the natural reflexes of a person. It is known that unconscious stretching before bedtime is a special reaction of a person to the need to relax muscles. If you need to do this at a specific time, you need to repeat the same steps. It is necessary to simultaneously strain all the muscles of the body in order to feel each of them. In this state, you need to hold out for a few seconds and relax. The normal physiological response of a muscle after work is relaxation.
In addition to formulating a goal, you can even record an introduction. This is a small text that is written in the first person. It is necessary to assert your own comfort, safety and a gradual entry into a hypnotic trance.
Each exercise of self-hypnosis consists of an introduction in the form of 10 small steps:
⦁ “Alone. I am absolutely calm and relaxed, my eyelids are getting heavy. ” It is necessary to focus only on this phrase and not to allow other thoughts into consciousness, no matter how much this is desired. If you repeat this phrase, for some reason it will turn out to concentrate exclusively on it and think only about what you need.
⦁ “Two. I feel comfortable and safe. ” It is important to focus on this thought in order to allow the mind to turn off all its settings. You must believe that you are truly safe and nothing threatens to violate it.
⦁ “Three. I feel lightness and weightlessness in my arms and legs. Nothing bothers me. ” Repetition of this phrase will help to disable the need to worry about the state of the body, any somatic sensations are erased.
⦁ “Four. My muscles are deeply relaxed. In my arms and legs I feel pleasant tiredness. ” At this stage, relaxation deepens and a person feels more and more that moving limbs is now very difficult. One must believe in these words and really accept that it is almost impossible to make any movements.
⦁ “Five. I feel serenity and peace. " Nothing can disturb this state, only its own voice. Repetition of this phrase gives confidence that nothing will hinder.
⦁ “Six. I am in a state of deep hypnosis. I listen only to my voice ” . Concentration on a single sound source enables the human psyche to easily perceive incoming information.
⦁ “Seven. I am completely relaxed, I trust only my voice. I listen only to my voice ” . Gradually, your own words become the only thing that the human psyche perceives.
⦁ “Eight. I breathe calmly and calmly. I only feel my breath. I'm calm" . A man is in complete peace and carefully captures his voice.
⦁ “Nine. I don’t feel my body, it is completely relaxed. ” . Then there is complete relaxation of the muscles and disabling their control. That is, attention is concentrated solely on the voice.
⦁ “Ten. I perceive only my voice. I completely obey my voice. ” . This is the last introductory phrase in anesthesia, which helps to tune into the necessary wave and is most useful to perceive the wording of what is the purpose of the session.
Important! Каждую фразу необходимо повторить несколько раз до тех пор, пока будет можно полностью и безоговорочно поверить в неё.
At this stage, self-hypnosis and self-hypnosis occur. That is, the stated objectives of the procedure, which must be prepared in advance, are pronounced slowly and measuredly. Each must be repeated until there is confidence in its authenticity and commitment.
This wording must meet several mandatory requirements that will allow the mind to easily and unequivocally accept the installation:
1. The appeal. All necessary settings are pronounced in the first person. A person begins a phrase or thought and accepts it and considers it his own.
2. The time limit. You cannot apply an indefinite time frame. All of these settings should be performed in the present and not be limited.
3. Approval. The wording should be a clear confident statement of what needs to be translated into reality or inspired by oneself.
4. Acceptability. Each phrase should not contradict the inner convictions of a person and not radically change his opinion. That is, getting rid of bad habits, for example, should occur gradually, and not categorically in one session.
The last stage of self-hypnosis can last from several minutes to one hour, depending on the reactivity of the organism of a particular person. When the attitudes are pronounced and the person accepts each of them, it is necessary to complete the self-hypnosis meditation. To do this, get out of a hypnotic state by executing a specific command.
In a calm voice, you need to order yourself to wake up and try to open your eyes. Everything must be done slowly and slowly. In most cases, beginners do not immediately manage to open their eyelids, they are overcome by fatigue and drowsiness. Then it is worth repeating the command several times.
Drowsiness can be so strong that a person feels a powerful desire to take a nap, which is difficult to resist. Such a dream can last up to one hour and is completely normal. After him, the person feels well rested and sleepy.
This procedure for beginners is quite complicated, and it is not always the first time it turns out to get the proper effect. But with regular use, skills will gradually improve. There is no universal instruction on how to learn self-hypnosis. Everyone should open an approach to themselves independently. At the same time, this psychotherapeutic tactic helps many people to independently get rid of internal psychological problems, improve their well-being and gain control over themselves.