Cheese balls are very simple in cooking technology, available in products and great in taste. You can serve them with or without sauce, as an appetizer for intoxicating drinks or just as a hearty side dish. This dish, like any deep-fried products, is not used for future use. You need to eat balls immediately after frying, because when you cool, the taste will become noticeably worse. Thus, we count the number of products for one meal and proceed to cooking. We offer two recipes to choose from - with ordinary hard cheese and melted mozzarella.
p, blockquote 1,0,0,0,0 ->
Cheese balls from hard cheese recipe
This type of cheese balls is prepared on the basis of a simple dough - a mixture of egg whites, cheese and a small amount of flour. The appetizer turns out to be very appetizing - under a beautiful browned crust hides a delicate molten cheese mass. This is a great dish for fans of express cooking - fast, easy and delicious! The cheese here is different. The main thing is that it melts well, then the hot filling will turn out to be perfectly viscous.
p, blockquote 2,0,1,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 3,0,0,0,0,0 ->
- hard or semi-hard cheese (Russian, gouda, etc.) - 130 g,
- flour - 2 tbsp. spoons
- egg whites - 2 pcs.,
- salt is a pinch.
p, blockquote 4,0,0,0,0,0 ->
- flour - about 1/3 cup.
p, blockquote 5,1,0,0,0 ->
- vegetable oil (refined).
How to make deep-fried cheese balls
p, blockquote 6.0,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 7,0,0,1,0 ->
- Cheese with three fine chips.
- We carefully separate the proteins from the yolks, throw a pinch of salt and work with a mixer until a strong, stable mass is obtained. In order for the protein mixture to safely beat to the desired consistency, before starting work, we check the dishes for cleanliness and dryness. The remains of fat, any impurities, as well as an admixture of yolks or excess moisture can disrupt the process, and then the proteins will be difficult, and sometimes impossible to bring to the desired state. Properly whipped mass is noticeably compacted, does not drain and does not move when the work bowl is turned over.
- To the fluffy whipped whites, we shift the cheese chips. Next, add 2 tablespoons of sifted flour.
- Mix the protein-cheese mass. We get a soft and sticky dough. If the mixture spreads and does not keep its shape at all, you can add flour, but just a little bit - you do not need to saturate and weight the cheese dough with flour.
- Sift flour on a kitchen board for further breading. With palms moistened in water, we pluck pieces of the size of a walnut or even slightly smaller from the cheese mass, roll up the balls and spread on the flour layer. Get about 10-15 blanks.
- Dense balls in flour, covering on all sides with a white shell. Shake off excess flour so that it does not burn in hot oil.
- In a small thick-bottomed saucepan, heat the vegetable oil (only refined is suitable for deep-frying). It is important that it is sufficiently heated before dipping the balls. You can check by throwing a small piece of cheese dough into the pan - if there are no signs of boiling, then the deep-frying is still cold. The amount of oil depends on the size of the dishes - it is necessary that the balls are completely immersed in oil. We load the balls into the preheated deep fat - prepare in small batches, about 3 pieces at a time. We lower the products on the slotted spoon so that they do not touch the bottom (otherwise the crust formed may burst and the cheese will leak out). Keep the balls in sizzling oil until browning on all sides. Do not forget to constantly stir the product, not allowing them to stick together and touch the bottom.
- The browned cheese balls are caught with a slotted spoon and transferred to a plate covered with napkins - paper will help remove excess fat. In parallel, we are preparing the next batch.
- We proceed to the tasting until the cheese balls have had time to completely cool. You can supplement the appetizer with hot ketchup or prepare garlic sauce in advance (for example, as in the shawarma recipe).
Mozzarella cheese balls recipe with photo
Fried mozzarella has long established itself as a delicious and versatile snack. Due to its properties, this cheese melts perfectly, it turns out to be very tender, appetizingly lasting. Such cheese balls are very simple to prepare, because you don’t even have to knead the dough here - mozzarella slices are entirely breaded in breadcrumbs and cooked until deep-fried. The only thing to consider here is that mozzarella itself is almost fresh. Therefore, lovers of savory and savory snacks are advised to take care of the sauce in advance.
p, blockquote 8,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 9,0,0,0,0 ->
- Mozzarella mini (in balls) - 100 g,
- egg - 1 pc.,
- milk - 1 tbsp. spoon,
- salt, pepper - to taste,
- flour - about 30 g
- breadcrumbs - about 50 g,
- vegetable oil (for deep fat).
Ingredients and How to Cook
Only registered users can save materials in the Cookbook.
Please login or register.
ingredients for 2 servings or - the number of products for the servings you need will be calculated automatically! '>Total:
|Weight of composition:||100 gr|
|B / W / W:||37 / 34 / 29|
|H 0 / C 0 / V 100|
Cooking time: 30 min
Grate the cheese. Add the protein of 1 egg to the grated cheese, add a little salt and mix thoroughly. Use a teaspoon to form small balls. Balls roll quite easily, do not squeeze them strongly, let them remain slightly airy. Prepare the batter: salt the egg and the remaining yolk and beat with a fork or a whisk with flour. Pour breadcrumbs separately on a flat plate. First dip each ball into the egg mixture, then roll in breadcrumbs and put on a free plate. Pour oil into a deep fryer, bring to a boil and fry balls until golden brown. Even if there is no deep fryer, you can use any suitable utensils. It is advisable to take dishes with a narrow bottom and high edges to reduce oil consumption. As soon as the cheese balls are gilded, remove them from the oil and put them first on a napkin, then on a dish. Serve cheese balls hot. Enjoy your meal!