This method is interesting because it allows you to use Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to download online video. In addition, it allows you to download videos from any web page, regardless of their affiliation with a particular video hosting. We need a RealPlayer player, the basic version of which is free. RealPlayer is a multimedia player designed to play streaming video hosted on a network or the Internet. But we are not even interested in the player itself, but in the plug-in, which is added to the browser when installing the RealPlayer program. It is this plugin that allows you to download online video from web pages.
- Download www.real.com.
- Find the download button on the downloaded page for the free version of the player and click it. The program installer will be downloaded - an executable file that controls the download and installation of the RealPlayer player from the Internet.
- Run the downloaded file. The installation wizard will start.
- In the first window of the installation wizard, click the Options button. A window for setting player settings appears.
- Make sure the Enable browser download button check box is selected. Actually, just for the sake of this button we install RealPlayer.
- Other parameters can be left unchanged.
- Click the Accept button. The installation of the player starts. All components for installing the program are downloaded from the Internet, so the installation can take several minutes. After downloading the necessary components, a window will appear on the screen in which you need to select the version of RealPlayer.
- All we need is in the free version, so set the switch to Basic RealPlayer.
- Click the Continue button. The registration form will appear.
- Fill out the registration form, and then click the Continue button (Next). The program will be installed and launched. The RealPlayer Player window will appear on the screen.
- We do not need a RealPlayer player by itself, so close its window.
- If RealPlayer was installed while the browser was running, restart it (close and download again).
Now, if you open any page that contains an online video that tells you what ultrasonic facial cleansing is, when you hover your mouse over the player, the Download This Video button will appear over the latter. Pressing this button will download the video to the hard drive.
Let's look at some RealPlayer settings regarding downloading online video.
- Run the installed RealPlayer program.
- Click the RealPlayer button in the upper left corner of the player window that appears. The program menu appears.
- In the menu that appears, select the Preferences command. The program settings dialog box appears.
- In the list on the left side of the dialog box, select the Download & Recording settings category:
- In the Save Files to field, specify the folder in which the downloaded files will be saved. You can click the Browse button and in the dialog box that appears, specify a different folder.
- The switch at the bottom of the program settings dialog box determines whether the Download This Video button is displayed. On page load for - the Download This Video button will be displayed for the time specified in the right-hand field (in seconds), and then go off. Only on mouse over - The Download This Video button will appear when you hover over the online player. Don’t show (do not show). The Download This Video button will not be displayed under any conditions, however, the command to download the video will be present in the context menu that appears when you right-click on the player on the web page.
- If you want to disable the function of downloading videos using RealPlayer, you should clear the checkbox located above the icons of installed browsers.
In the articles about downloading, we looked at several ways to download online video from web pages. All of the described methods are good in their own way, but they also have their drawbacks. Which one to choose is up to you. Most likely, the best solution is to use several of the methods presented, depending on the situations, conditions and the browser used.
Step-by-step installation instructions
1. Download the program to your computer.
2. Close your browser.
3. Go to the folder where the package with the installation files was saved.
4. Run the installer.
5. Click “Accept” to accept the license agreement.
6. Wait until the files are installed.
7. Select Basic RealPlayer
8. You can skip this registration