Smoked salmon platter (Ablestock.com/AbleStock.com/Getty Images)
Buy smoked salmon from a trusted fish dealer or grocery store. You can smoke in the event, but it takes time and skills. Thus, the purchase of a finished product in the local market is the best option. Look for thin, well-formed pieces that do not have a strong fishy smell. They should have a milder flavor due to smoking. Be sure to ask to try the product before you buy it.
Salmon slice (John Fox / Stockbyte / Getty Images)
Determine the time of day when you will serve food and how you will clean the tray. For lunch, afternoon or dinner, prefer toasts with more sophisticated accompaniment. Everything is simple for breakfast: fried bread is a great option.
Put salmon slices in the center of a large dish. Make layers organized for a good presentation. Place a container of cream cheese on the side of the tray. Finely chop the onions and tomatoes and distribute them around the salmon, as if framing it.
Salmon Presentation on a Platter (John Fox / Stockbyte / Getty Images)
Put a few capers on one side of the dish along with slices of lemon. Not everyone uses lemon, but it is a great choice. In addition, the fruit will add color to the dish.
Lemon can be squeezed over salmon and capers. (Stockbyte / Stockbyte / Getty Images)
Cook the bread in a separate dish, as there will be several wet ingredients in the salmon dish. Lightly toast the bread and cut it in half to serve in a separate dish. Leave the dishes necessary to fill the bread next to the tray.
Be more creative when serving salmon at night or in the afternoon. For this you need a larger dish. With many colors, you can arrange the fish in an artistic way. Salmon should always occupy the center of the tray. You can stack the slices by stacking them on top of each other or by wrapping them individually, placing them side by side to create a good visual effect.
Elegant Salmon Tray (Jupiterimages / Photos.com / Getty Images)
Put tomatoes, onions, capers, black olives and boiled eggs around the salmon, again framing it. Thin slices of lemon can be placed at the ends. Put fresh dill with a stalk on salmon as a side dish. Dill has a wonderful aroma that goes well with fish.
Salmon with eggs on a plate (Jupiterimages / Photos.com / Getty Images)
Place the toast on the sides of the tray, if there is still room, or serve on a separate plate. You can use any type of bread you choose, fried or sliced into triangular slices. Cream cheese can also be served as an accompaniment, but is usually best served for breakfast.
Varieties of bread (Polka Dot Images / Polka Dot Images / Getty Images)
Enhance your presentation by placing smoked salmon on a silver platter and a few martini glasses on the sides. You can slice salmon by sprinkling a dish with dill and toast. Then serve capers, onions and other vegetables in martini glasses. This will create an elegant display.
Smoked Salmon Tray (Stockbyte / Stockbyte / Getty Images)
Ingredients and How to Cook
Only registered users can save materials in the Cookbook.
Please login or register.
ingredients for 10 servings or - the number of products for the servings you need will be calculated automatically! '>Total:
|Weight of composition:||100 gr|
|B / W / W:||50 / 18 / 32|
|H 0 / C 0 / V 100|
Cooking time: 5 hours 30 minutes
1. Carefully select small bones from salmon fillet. This is best done with tweezers. Hand draw on the surface of the fillet, if we feel the presence of seeds, remove them. The bones in the carcass are at an angle, so be sure to adhere to one direction at the right angle so as not to damage the integrity of the carcass.
2. And now we cut each part of the fillet across into three parts. Smaller pieces are more convenient to work with. Although you can leave it whole if desired.
3. Pour water into the pan, send to the fire. When the water boils, put the bay leaf in it, add honey, pour salt and sugar. Stir, let all the ingredients dissolve. Peel the garlic, send it to the brine. Let cool to room temperature.
4. Put the salmon filet in a glass or plastic container. It is worth spreading so that the side with the skin is up. Fill the fish with brine. Since salmon tends to float to the surface, this position will allow the meat to remain in the brine.
5. Leave the fillet in brine for 30 minutes. If desired, salmon can be kept in brine longer. Only this for a more salty option.
6. After the specified time, we remove the fish from the brine and wash it under running water. Dry with paper towels. Then put the salmon filet on the wire rack and leave it in a cool place in the open air for at least 2 hours. When the fish dries up, its surface becomes sticky - ideal for smoking.
7. Soak chips in water for the last half hour of drying the fish. Then we place the chips in the smokehouse, lay the salmon on the wire rack. Set fire to fire. We smoke salmon before it acquires a beautiful golden color.
Serve such fish immediately after cooking. Or cool to room temperature, wrap tightly in foil, store in the refrigerator for 3 days. Smoked salmon can also be frozen in an airtight bag for longer storage.
Servings Per Container: 6. Cooking Time: Approx. 45 minutes
- 300 g smoked halibut
- 500 g boiled beets
- 500 ml beetroot juice
- 200 g onion
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 125 ml white wine
- 25 ml raspberry vinegar
- 250 g butter
- 0.5 bunch of dill
- Spices (white pepper, pimento, bay leaf)
- 0.5 lemons
- 5 g young garlic
Cook the chicken stock. Dice onion and garlic, lightly fry them in a small amount of oil. Add white wine, then spices and leave to stew. Dice the beets, put them in a pan with chicken stock and beetroot juice. Leave everything to simmer over low heat.
Then add raspberry vinegar and dill, carefully grind all contents with a hand blender and strain through a fine sieve. Season with lemon and salt to taste. Add smoked halibut and a little chopped dill before serving.