Preserving vision is always important at any age. Simple rules of nutrition and lifestyle, as well as regular exercise for the eyes can improve it. The process of restoring vision is not quick, but with our recommendations you will regain your eyesight and possibly get rid of glasses.
How to improve eyesight with products
It is important to understand that with a weakening and a drop in visual acuity, nutrition should first be reviewed. The menu should introduce products enriched with vitamins and minerals. All vegetables and fruits, as well as cereals having a bright orange color, will be useful. These orange products contain lysine and beta carotene, it is these trace elements that are responsible for the proper nutrition of the retina.
TOP 10 products to improve vision
- red fish
- sea buckthorn,
- millet groats
- beef liver
- dried apricots.
Food should be fractional and regular. It is recommended that you have breakfast, lunch and dinner, do not forget about a snack. The best snack is fruit or dairy products. Irregular food intake and the use of harmful products affects the nutrition of the retina.
Eye Muscle Exercise
Sit comfortably, cover your eyes and, warming up your hands first, attach them to your eyes. Sit in this position for a couple of minutes, then open your eyes, do not remove your warm palms from your eyes. It is important to hold your hands so tightly that the light does not leak through the cracks, the pupils should be in complete darkness, only this way the eye muscles relax.
Exercises to strengthen the eye muscles:
- draw numbers from one to ten in the air with your eyes,
- look left, then right, keep your head straight, repeat 10 times,
- look down, up without moving your head, repeat 10 times,
- screw up your eyes tightly for 2 seconds, blink and do these 10 repetitions,
- draw with your eyes in front of you alternately a circle, figure eight, then a square, repeat 5 times,
- focus your eyes on the tip of your nose and after five seconds move your eyes forward, peering into the distance, do this exercise for 2-3 minutes.
These exercises will help you quickly restore visual acuity, especially if you regularly sit at the computer. You can do them even at the workplace, taking a little time for this at lunch breaks. Optometrists recommend doing exercises with your eyes every day, without waiting for visual impairment.
Sleep and routine help maintain vision
Proper nutrition, charging the eyes - these are not all the components that guarantee improved vision at home. To normalize the supply of nutrients to the retina of the eye, the body must fully rest, and night sleep should last at least 8 hours. If you go to bed after midnight, while getting up from the first dawn, this mode will not bring anything good. A short sleep does not allow you to sleep and rest the body, the immune system begins to work on wear, which means that vision is gradually deteriorating.
Pain in the eyes and their redness are dangerous symptoms
Gum and redness are the first signals that something is wrong with eyesight. If any of these symptoms are detected, you should wash your face, do eye exercises and apply warm compresses to your closed eyelids. Compress can be made from used tea bags or cotton pads soaked in hot green non-sweet tea. After this procedure, it is important to give your eyes a rest and sleep. If symptoms persist within a few days, be sure to visit an optometrist.
Neck massage is one way to improve eyesight.
Often, sedentary and inactive work leads to the fact that vision deteriorates. In this case, a regular massage will help. You can do it with a professional massage therapist or ask a loved one to massage your neck and shoulders. Massage will enhance blood circulation, establish the correct outflow of fluids and ensure proper blood circulation. One massage session will not be enough, it will have to be done within 7-10 days.
Walking in the fresh air and sports also affect vision.
Many of us think about the health of our eyes just before a physical examination, worrying that the optometrist can prescribe glasses. But banal walking and sports can preserve vision. Optometrists advise walking more in sunny weather, because under the influence of bright daylight our pupils narrow as much as possible, which has a beneficial effect on the quality of vision. And sports increase blood flow, as a result of which all the necessary trace elements nourish the retina and optic nerve, which improves vision.
Causes of worsening eye function
Every day, the eyes need to perceive a lot of visual pictures. A strong deterioration in visual perception can significantly disrupt the usual way of life, change it for the worse. Therefore, the question “how to improve eyesight” was very relevant at all times.
Vision itself decreases or gradually (possibly a month, a year), due to prolonged exposure to unfavorable factors, or worsens very sharply, in one day (against the background of injuries, acute infectious processes).
From the causes of the pathology depends on how the vision correction will be carried out. There are reversible and irreversible changes in the retina.
The main reasons due to which the visual ability decreases:
- too bright or insufficient lighting of the workplace, watching TV or working in front of a computer monitor in a dark room - the very effect of radiation is amplified, visual function is worsened,
- insufficient tonus of the muscles of the eye lens - due to atony, the ability of the eye to focus on objects deteriorates, visual acuity greatly decreases,
- drying out of the conjunctiva - focusing on work, we blink much less often than in a relaxed state,
- acute or chronic eye diseases - conjunctivitis, blepharitis of various etiologies. After proper treatment, a natural restoration of vision is observed,
- eye injuries (mechanical, chemical)
- age-related changes - after forty years, vision itself gradually decreases due to retinal wear,
- frequent depression, chronic stress - from them vision sets,
- vitamin deficiency, poor nutrition, vitamin deficiency in food consumed, poor intestinal absorption of nutrients.
- osteochondrosis, hernia, increased blood coagulability.
Such common pathologies as hyperopia, myopia, astigmatism (curvature of visible objects, bifurcation) progress with age.
Principles and basic methods of therapy
Vision correction depends on the factor that caused the pathology. It is necessary to quickly eliminate the cause that interferes with the normal functioning of the visual organs. The patient may complain of split eyes, pain, pain. Modern ophthalmology offers different ways in which vision correction takes place.
- physiotherapeutic methods
- surgery to restore vision
- good methods of treatment are offered by traditional medicine (lotions on the eyes, medicinal drinks),
- vision correction through eye exercises is also striking in its high performance.
Is it always possible to restore vision in a conservative way? In some cases, unfortunately, this is problematic. However, often a violation of eye function is subject to a radical correction. How to restore vision without surgery?
An important point is compliance with a diet, a rational daily routine, and gymnastics. An integrated approach to treatment can significantly improve the condition of the eyeball.
A good, effective treatment will be prescribed by an experienced specialist.
How to improve vision with pharmacy drugs? The action of drugs aimed at improving vision eliminates dryness, which often reduces the sharpness of vision.
Its main symptoms are:
- moderate or profuse lacrimation,
- feeling of drying out
- a feeling of sand in the eyes
- pain and burning.
Chronic desiccation of the mucosa for more than one month (the harmful effects of air conditioners, monitors, cosmetics, lenses) leads to diseases of the orbits, there is a bifurcation and blurry picture. The best medication with which you can improve vision, an ophthalmologist will prescribe. As a rule, these are eye drops (for example, Stillavit), which have an anti-inflammatory, healing, moisturizing effect, improve blood circulation in the smallest vessels, and eliminate bifurcation.
To improve blood microcirculation and improve vision, doctors also prescribe different types of drugs: Atropine, ascorbic acid, nicotinic acid, Trental, Rutin, placenta extract. It is undesirable to use medications on your own - a specialist will prescribe the most suitable remedy individually, so as not to harm the patient's condition.
Modern ophthalmic surgery offers a cure for poor eyesight with a laser device. This device allows you to perform surgery on the eyes in a non-invasive way, in the interval of one day - on both eyes (if necessary).
The laser device is able to correct such pathologies:
The device delivers the laser beam as accurately as possible to the desired area without affecting healthy tissue. The mechanism specially mounted in the device automatically distributes laser radiation in the cornea.
Laser vision correction lasts several minutes. During this period, the laser beam supplied by the device polishes the cornea. The execution technique is safe, the device operates for a very short time.
To start the operation, it is necessary to undergo an examination, modern ophthalmological clinics offer all the necessary services at their base. A device that delivers a laser signal eliminates minor defects, and more serious ones.
The first time (several days) after the intervention, there may be a slight bifurcation, blurred vision.
Poor vision is restored in a short time. Hospitalization is not required. The laser technique for restoring vision is performed with anesthesia, therefore it does not cause severe discomfort in the patient, it helps to restore vision by 100% even in advanced cases.
The disadvantage of laser correction is its price (expensive laser device, specialist services). A poor-quality device can cause harm to the eye, therefore it is necessary to decide on an operation in a good clinic.
Following some nutritional recommendations increases the chances of improving vision, as well as preventing bifurcation, clouding of the retina, and a decrease in visual acuity in the future. Correcting nutrition improves people's overall health. What do nutritionists advise so that vision does not fall?
- Fiber must be present in the daily diet. These are plant products - vegetables, herbs, fresh fruits.
- As little as possible should be consumed, and it is better to completely abandon drinks containing alcohol, gases, caffeine.
- It is undesirable to eat exclusively refined foods, canned goods, various convenience foods.
- It is necessary to reduce the content of salt, spices, fat, sugar in food. Do not eat large quantities of smoked meats - they have a bad effect on people's health.
How to improve visual acuity? In addition, it is important to consume foods rich in retinol and carotene (eggs, beef liver, spinach, carrots), B vitamins (wholemeal bread, dairy products), ascorbic acid (various citrus fruits, berries), vitamin E (legumes, sprouted wheat )
In order not to drop vision, it is necessary to eat blueberries. As you know, many pharmaceutical preparations for the eyes are made on its basis. This berry is rich in substances useful to the eyes (vitamins, manganese, pectin, lactic acid, etc.), it reduces stress, eliminates spasm, and normalizes blood flow. If the work is connected with a computer, the daily use of blueberries with food is a must.
How to increase visual acuity and relieve tension from the eyes?
You need to do simple exercises:
- Palming - close eyelids, with palms to cover both eyes, fingers at the same time cross on forehead. Lower your elbows on a stable surface. No need to press on the eyeballs. Perform the procedure for about 15 minutes, three times a day. How to restore vision in a week using palming? Regular compliance with other recommendations for restoring vision is required.
- Blinking - such a good exercise effectively helps to cope with fatigue, relieve bifurcation. Frequent blinking moisturizes and disinfects the eyes. If you blink quickly in a dark room, night vision is enhanced if it is poor.
- Water procedures on the eyes - increase the tone of the eye muscles. Two clean containers are required: one with warm water, the other with cold. Immerse your face alternately in containers, you need to start and end the procedure with warm water. You can do contrasting compresses on the eyes.
- Reading - effectively tones the muscular system of the eye sockets, thereby relieving the feeling of tension. You need to read in a sufficiently lit place, in a sitting position, the distance of the book from the eyes is at least 30-40 centimeters, blinking regularly. If fatigue appears, reading stops, palming can be done.
- Eye massage - close the eyelids and use your fingertips to make a light massage, in circular, slightly pressing movements. The duration is 3-5 minutes, if after it there is immediately a second clouding, bifurcation of visible objects - we allow our eyes to rest without opening them for a few more minutes.
Is it possible to improve eyesight thanks to the most ordinary sport? Tennis, badminton (requires visual concentration) have a positive effect on the training of the eye muscles.
How to restore vision in a week? These exercises to restore vision must be done daily to notice the result.
It can be done with myopia, farsightedness and other pathologies. This is an effective way to restore vision.
Gymnastics involves performing four exercises:
- Without much effort, make eyeballs move from top to bottom, then vice versa - from bottom to top. Repeat three times, with a short period of time (5 seconds).
- Eyeballs are moved slowly from one side to the other, horizontally. Eyes should be as relaxed as possible, and movements should be laid back.
- Place your finger in front of your eyes at an approximate distance of 20 centimeters. First, we concentrate our vision on the finger, after which we look into the distance at some object located there. So we alternately repeat ten times, with small pauses for five minutes.
- Make several circular eye movements with the largest radius of the circle. Perform four approaches.
Between exercises, you should take small breaks for several minutes, completely relaxing and closing your eyes.
Such gymnastics does not guarantee a complete restoration of vision for everyone, but it significantly improves the accommodation of the lens, relieves tension, eliminates the split in the eyes.
Alternative medicine offers its own vision correction methods.
Before using drugs according to the suggested recipes, it is necessary to consult your ophthalmologist and therapist regarding the use of these funds - there may be contraindications. Even a folk method can give side effects.
- Carrot juice - add 1/3 cup freshly squeezed juice to a teaspoon of natural honey. Caution should be taken by people suffering from liver diseases. Drink the mixture every day.
- Parsley - chop a bunch of greens with a blender, add a tablespoon of honey and lemon juice to the mixture. Use on an empty stomach on a tablespoon once a day. The duration of the course is one month.
The result can be obtained in the case of regular use of alternative medicines. Reception from time to time will not harm, but will not have an effect in the process of restoring vision to the fullest.
Lotions on the eyes of decoctions of herbs help treat the eyes, relieve inflammation and fatigue. Such lotions are made from chamomile flowers, sage, strong tea without sugar. Herbal treatment must be agreed with the doctor.
If your eyesight has worsened or that of those close to you, a bifurcation in your eyes, persistent pain, an urgent need to see a doctor. It will help correct vision.
The eyes are an important and at the same time very delicate organ of our body, do not experiment on yourself, the doctor should treat: he will use the necessary medicines, a high-quality laser device. The treatment started in a timely manner allows you to restore visual function by 100 percent.
Compliance with the daily routine, good nutrition, therapeutic exercises, hardening and other preventive methods increase the protective forces of the mucous membrane and optic nerves.
Adequate rest, hygiene will help in the restoration of vision and prevent the development of eye diseases.