If you let things go by themselves and simply prohibit the child from doing what he likes, then most likely he will independently begin training without the supervision of real tracers. Often such activities lead to injuries and even disability or death from overestimation of one's own abilities. Out of every ten people who want to learn how to learn parkour, only two choose this way of life. And out of the dropout, two or three have serious injuries.
Until the age of 15-16, you can offer other sports that will contribute to the development of muscle corset, help to develop joint flexibility and elasticity of ligaments:
- Unprofessional gymnastics.
- Rock climbing.
- Martial Arts.
Parkour for beginners should be formed with knowledgeable mentors who will help, support, warn in case of need.
A beginner is one who has been involved in parkour for less than a year. The main rule of parkour is not to harm your health.
To prevent sprain, destruction of joints, you need to build muscle on the arms, legs, body. You can’t rush, parkour is in no hurry. It is harmful and dangerous to proceed to the study of the next exercise, without bringing the previous to automatism.
- Beginners should not jump from a height of more than 1.5 meters. With each jump, unprepared joints get microtrauma. After a few months, joint damage, especially the knee, can occur.
- The legs should be bent with an angle of at least 90 ° in the knee joint when falling down. It is strictly forbidden to twist the joints of the foot and knee under load.
- Jumping with support - manki - it is recommended to train at a height of support not less than the level of the beginner's belt.
- The right and left sides of the body should move synchronously in parkour training. This is of particular importance when landing, so that the load on the legs of the tracer is distributed evenly.
- Before you do parkour and at the end of a workout, you need to warm up, and you need to spend an equal amount of time on warm-up and strength exercises.
- Do complex parkour elements only when you are physically and mentally ready for this and fully confident in the correct execution.
Parkour gives you the unique opportunity to resurrect your inner child. The world around is turning into a giant playground, it becomes interesting to find new ways to maneuver through the everyday environment. You can play as many ninjas as you like - and no one will say a word to you. Just do not catch up!
It’s hard to come up with heavier fitness. Running, jumping, climbing, swinging: parkour can be perceived as training every muscle of the body. In addition, parkour improves overall body coordination. This difficult task will develop you comprehensively, because in addition to physical effort you will have to make mental effort.
Never knew how to make new friends? Parkour can solve this problem. Sport is not competitive, but rather social. Training is often carried out in groups where each participant is happy to help others. The entry threshold is very low: you can not be shy about the level of training - everyone else once also knew nothing.
We are big supporters of the idea that each person should be able to save at least his own life in case of emergency. Parkour is really able to give the necessary skills for this. No one expects him to have to run away from danger, climbing over high obstacles. But it’s better to be ready for anything.
Search for like-minded people
The best way to start training is to find a local group of enthusiasts. Believe me, this will be easy: there are enough communities dedicated to parkour on the network. In the first lesson, you will be able to get initial ideas about this hard sport and understand where to move on.
It is worth learning to objectively evaluate your abilities. The first thought, before any trick, must necessarily contain a bunch of "how to do this without harming yourself." The first few months you need to train only with a partner or in a group - so there will be trained people nearby, who, in which case, will be able to provide first aid.
Control your limits. The guys around can do crazy tricks, flying through the gaps between the buildings at a great height - this does not mean that you must repeat their achievements right now. It will take your body some time to adapt to the physical requirements of parkour. Do not move on until you learn the basics. Take every new trick very seriously: bragging may well cost you severe injury.
Balance is vital. This skill will have to be developed first. This will require considerable muscle strength - do not neglect the activities in the fitness club. Practice on low objects, starting with ordinary borders.
You must be able to run well. Starting in parkour requires skills and explosive sprint, and stayer endurance. Without additional morning runs it will be difficult to get on track, and you will have to forget about cigarettes once and for all.
Not just a jump, but a well-defined movement, as a result of which you can travel a long distance and land in a limited area. To do this, you will have to develop coordination of the whole body, balance and understanding of one’s own limitations. Never jump at random - to do so is just silly.
How to learn parkour?
A more experienced tracer will tell you how to learn parkour from scratch. It is better to have a personal teacher, perhaps team training.
Parkour lessons for beginners should include the following basic exercises:
- Training the vestibular apparatus, coordination of movement.
- Jogging for 1 km. Late overcoming, daily 5 km with acceleration.
- Circular rotation of all joints in order to develop their flexibility and sprain.
- Jumping from a standstill, cross country.
- Training correct touchdowns and downs brought to automatism.
Best practice on the street. Unlike the gym, parkers here learn to fall and get up without the softness of mats.
What a beginner should be able to do for parkour:
- At least 15 push-ups.
- 5 pull-ups.
- In the jump up you need to reach the knees with the chest, the heels of the buttocks.
- Run a distance of 1 km without a respiratory failure.
- Strongly do not smoke, do not use drugs, do not drink drinks containing even a small amount of alcohol.
Parkour has much in common with martial arts:
- It takes dedication.
- Mandatory mutual assistance, discipline.
- Overcome your fears.
- Stamina develops.
It should be remembered that when a person chooses to parkour, he chooses a different mindset, a different lifestyle. Parkour is freedom of movement around the city in a different way from the generally accepted way.
The capabilities of the human body and brain are still poorly understood. And, perhaps, doing parkour is just a step that will help you better understand yourself and develop your own abilities, achieve harmony between body and soul.