Life in Christ is a magnificent and special experience! When you are saved, you can build a deep and personal relationship with Him. This is the need of Christians. As a Christian, you do God's will (bear fruit) if you abide in it and try to fulfill His ten commandments. As stated in John 15: 5: "I am the vine, and you are the branches who abide in Me, and I in it, that bears much fruit, for without Me you cannot do anything."
This article will help you understand how to abide in Christ — and bear magnificent fruit.
- 1 Recognize your need for Christ: He said: "I am the vine, and you are the branches. The branch cannot bear fruit by itself." When you turn to Jesus for help, you must be “willing to believe.” Humble yourself to do good and do God's will so that Jesus can act through you. In "How to be like a tax collector" there are tips on how to come to humility.
- 2 Repent and turn your mind to Jesus with faith. Believe that Jesus died on the cross for the forgiveness of sins, and those who believe in him can have a true life and be free from the present evil age - accept His gift of salvation. Confess your sins / sins to God, praying to God to transform your inner existence and life. Turn from sin and follow to the great love of God in Jesus, so you will abide daily with your Heavenly Father.
- 3 Pray. This is not only a major opportunity, but a need. You need a constant connection with our Lord. Jesus prayed when he was on earth, and taught us to pray. If Jesus needed prayer, how much more do we need it? God takes care of you and everything that happens - from the slightest request to the greatest need, what an opportunity. He always listens and knows your needs, even if sometimes it seems that this is not so. Psalm 55:22 says: “put thy cares upon the Lord,” and then “He will support you.” Prayer is both telling God about your life plans and asking him to make you more like Jesus. Therefore, you will do well if you ask for God's blessing before you read the Scriptures.
- 4 Read the Bible. Psalm 119: 9 says: "How can a young man [or a girl] keep his way clean? Keeping himself according to Your word." It is very important to set aside time for the Bible daily. Focus your mind on it, let your heart turn to Christ and be filled with it. The Bible is the word of God, it tells the story of His atonement in this world! When you begin to see your place in God's scripture, you will understand why your life is endowed with meaning and where your path lies. By reading the Bible, you open your ear to hear God. John 17:17 says: "Sanctify them with Thy truth; Thy word is truth."
- 5 Praise and rejoice! God tells us in James 1:17 that "Every good gift and every perfect gift comes from above, from the Father of lights." This means that we have hundreds of reasons to thank God! For the opportunity to breathe, for food, for work, friends, God's family, forgiveness of sins, strength to overcome evil, and much more! The main reason to always rejoice and thank God is that (if you believe in Jesus) you will be resurrected on the last day to enjoy eternal life in New Heaven and Earth, where God will be with us. There is no better hope.
- 6 God rejoices in satisfying the needs of his children in Christ! We can appeal to God and say: “We long to know you, to be filled with your Spirit, to be free from the burden of our sin! We crave Jesus, who feeds better than any food! "Fasting is a way to strengthen faith in God instead of achieving physical comfort. Christians are expected to fasting, not because of obligations, but since knowing Jesus means that we find everything in it every hour. more satisfaction.
- 7 Ask God for strength to do His will. John 15:10 says: “If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I kept the commandments of my Father and abide in his love.” No one is able to do something in the name of God on their own: God is our strength. Without it, we are not able to do anything important! It may be hard not to sin, but with God's help and his mercy, we can do our best. Be confident in Him.
- Recognize that there is freedom in Jesus Christ - to live according to the Spirit, not to succumb to the temptation greater than you can bear, not to be a slave to yourself, and the highest achievement in life is to reject the habitual carnal passions, such as lust of eyes, envy, greed, judgment of others, prejudice and hatred.
- 8 Study the words of Jesus in the four gospels. Read “from Matthew”, “from Mark”, “from Luke” and “from John”, as well as “Acts”, “To the Romans” and other scriptures, if time permits. Be quickened, remember God's “quiet voice” (conscience), as stated in the Bible. If God lives in you, you love God, then "understand": your thoughts must be in accordance with the teachings of Jesus and his instructions, such as "Love your neighbor." Do as He told us in His word. Recognize its power:
And if the Spirit of the One who raised Christ from the dead lives in you, the One who raised Christ from the dead will revive your mortal bodies with His Spirit living in you.