If your students deserve a fun and at the same time educational break from everyday school duties, plan an excursion. This article will help you with this.
- 1 Define the educational goals of your trip. How does the tour fit with the school curriculum? What will the students do during the tour? What will they learn?
- 2 Select a location for the tour and find out if student groups are allowed there. Decide on the amount of the entry fee, the availability of transport links, the cost of the charter bus flight. Make sure that the required number of adult overseers is located near you (depending on the number of students). Do not talk about the trip to your students until you find out all the details.
- 3 Receive standard letters for parental consent. Do not forget about a standardized travel plan. Fill out all the necessary documents to obtain the permission of the director.
- 4 Talk with the principal to obtain travel authorization. Get ready to fulfill his requirements. Explain the educational objectives and the relationship of the excursion to the training program in a particular class.
- 5 Contact your travel agency and book a group trip. Remember to confirm your reservation shortly before the tour.
- 6 Add an excursion to the training program. Prepare a safety briefing and preparatory steps. Discuss what will happen during the tour and what you expect from this trip.
- 7 Make sure that you are safe and explain to the students how to behave on the bus. Distribute students according to friendships. Build relationships with older observers.
- 8 Send each student a letter with the following information:
- Educational purpose of the trip,
- Place of arrival, with actual location,
- Pastime plan
- Signed parental consent forms,
- Medical and student insurance
- Parent / Guardian contact details,
- The amount of money you need to bring to school,
- Call the parents of those children who have not brought in a form or donated money.
- For the school administration, prepare a list with a list of children who are going to go on an excursion, those who are absent, children who will remain at the school or in its territory. Indicate the mobile phone number you can reach.
- For volunteer parents and supervisors write a list of children. Distribute groups of children between parents.
- For teachers, make a detailed list of all student groups, friendships between students, parents' contact information, insurance and medical forms, and the school phone number.
How to conduct a tour for children? Where to start?
At the beginning of the school year, it is necessary to conduct a social survey among children on the topic: “Where would they like to go this year?”. This work will help to understand the preferences of children and plan the upcoming excursion routes correctly. It is very important to plan such events at the beginning of the school year.
What is it for? There are a museum that accept applications for guided tours 2 times a year, you can get to production only at certain hours, trips to the New Year holidays. If such trips are not planned in advance, then there is a chance of not getting into some interesting places.
After determining the approximate interests of the children, you can begin to plan school trips. Lyubu. The tour can be organized independently or contact a travel company.
At the initial stage, it is best to plan small excursions within the same city with a duration of the excursion part of 1 hour. Children should get used to and learn the rules of behavior in the group. For such an excursion for 10 children, 1 accompanying person is planned, not counting the class teacher. At this stage, you can visit the museum, parks / bring children to production.
Excursions involving transport and trips to another city require more serious preparation.
Features excursions for students
- When choosing the theme of the tour, consider the age of the children.
- The theme of the tour should not differ from the school curriculum.
- Determine the composition of participants in advance.
- Calculate the budget of the excursion.
- Decide on the nutrition of children.
- Prepare children for excursions.
- conducting the tour itself,
This is the most difficult stage. During this period, it is necessary to provide all the nuances of the upcoming trip. Having determined the direction of the school excursion, the budget of the upcoming excursion is calculated. Some excursions require advance payments. The budget should take into account the cost of the excursion itself, the cost of transport, the cost of food, the cost of living (if necessary).
There is one important point here, according to the "Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1177 dated 12/17/13" children can only be transported in a school or rented bus. Therefore, it is better to immediately resolve this issue and find the appropriate transport. More information about this can be found on the Internet. For example, on this page you have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with information on how to properly order a bus for schoolchildren https://www.vezdevoz.ru/passazhirskie_perevozki/ or on another resource of your choice. The size of the vehicle is planned from the number of participants.
Next, an excursion plan and a route are drawn up. Parents must obtain written consent for the child to participate in the upcoming tour. All children should undergo a detailed briefing on the rules of conduct in transport and during the tour. Make a detailed list of children with their phones and parents.
All documents must be submitted to the (STSI) to coordinate the route and provide escort (if necessary), a package of documents is provided 3 days before the expected date of the tour. On the route, determine the food points, mark the places of the night (if necessary). To identify children who are poorly tolerated by bus transport and to provide for the presence of such children from motion sickness tablets and plastic bags.
Identify these children places at the beginning of the bus. Distribute the seats on the bus evenly between children and adults escorting. Prepare children for the upcoming trip, explain in detail the purpose of the tour, consider the issue of outerwear and food. To provide for the presence of a paramedic on the bus.
At this stage, the main work is to supervise the children. Particular attention is paid to their behavior. To do this, the group must be accompanied. It is necessary to track all the movements of children, the main thing to remember for those accompanying is work, not an entertaining trip.
After each stop, it is necessary to count the students. Children at any age are very curious and can easily move away from the intended route. During the tour, to raise the interest of children, various contests on the subject under discussion with small prizes can be envisaged.
The tour was held, all planned activities are completed. At this stage, the main goal is the return journey to the gathering place. Where children need to be passed to parents.
The organization of school trips for children is an interesting, but rather troublesome business. Therefore, it is better to contact a travel agency and take the already prepared route. In this case, children and parents will be able to relax and get an unforgettable experience.
TOP 5 Tips for School Guides
First, decide which classes you are ready to combine. Most often, planned excursions are groups of children of approximately the same age category. This moment cannot be missed not only from the point of view of the same interests, but also of the theme of the excursion. For example, primary school children will not be particularly interested in going to the Mosfilm film studio (the excursion program can be viewed here). Similarly with high school students who will not be happy with children's fun.
The choice of the thematic direction of the organized excursion. Pupils of grades 1-4 are better off not to complicate the excursion program, since at this age enchanting spectacles cause more interest than long informative excursions.
For high school students, organized school trips with a subtext to the study of a particular course, the passage of the topic on the curriculum are desirable. It would be appropriate to go to a museum or gallery, get acquainted with a writer or artist. This will help to master the school material and bring students closer to the work of a famous person. Such an excursion will be much more interesting than a regular lesson and will be remembered by students for a long time.
Focus on the weather and time of year. If you can go to another area, take a walk in the parks and gardens, this is wonderful. Children at any age like these excursions the most. Preliminarily discuss with them the route chosen by the organizer, so that it is clear what they can see. For the New Year holidays, many festive exhibitions open. To visit the main Christmas tree of the country or the museum of ice sculptures is important in the New Year's bustle.
Identify the common interests of the children. Do a poll and try to identify what students like. Traditional excursion programs are trips to the museum, theater, gallery, exhibition, factory, factory and other places. If you intend to diversify and introduce a new idea of excursions, choose more modern options: master classes for boys and girls, theatrical performances of one actor, webinars, interactive games and quests. There are a lot of ways to attract attention and make you want to go on an excursion, the main thing is to find an approach to all children.
At the end of the tour, visit a peaceful place where you can discuss the day and share your impressions. You will have the opportunity to understand what you liked more, which was not remembered at all. Such gatherings for tea drinking are necessary from the point of view of psychology.
Organizational matters: how to gain trust?
Once you have decided on the excursion program, you need to take care of its implementation. A class teacher, a school organizer and one or two parents can travel with children. After drawing up the route, jointly discuss how to order a bus better and cheaper. There are several options: through a company that is engaged in transportation or to negotiate independently with the carrier. The second option entails full organizational responsibility.
The vehicle on which you plan to reach your destination with your children must meet modern standards: seat belts, comfortable seats, equipped with mirrors and a DVR. If parents are willing to pay more, you can choose a bus with a TV, air conditioning and other amenities. The driver must be in order all the documents, pay special attention to the license.
When you managed to negotiate with the driver or conclude an agreement with the company, go to the internal organization. The day before departure, discuss with your children or parents what they need to bring with them. Talk with students about safety issues and discuss critical moments that can happen while traveling. Make sure all students know your phone number and can always contact you.
Out-of-town excursions are more difficult to organize, as parental permission is required. Official documents are sent to the traffic police 3 days before the trip, only after that you can pack your bags. There must be a paramedic on the bus who will provide first aid if necessary.
Do not be afraid to take responsibility of the organizer. All this will come back to you with children's laughter, gratitude and good mood!
Tour operator for school trips "Fun Travel"