If you plan to leave your home office for a while - take sick leave or go, for example, on vacation, then it would be nice to notify all those with whom you communicate by e-mail. If you have an Exchange account, then in Outlook such functionality is already built-in. If you don’t have an Exchange account yet, you can still set up an automatic response to emails - business is something to set a couple of rules. This article will teach you everything you need to know about this subject.
Create an alternate rule
- On the menu Service select team Deputy.
- Click the Add button.
- In the group “Upon receipt of a message that meets the conditions”, indicate the conditions for the action that the message must satisfy.
- To set additional conditions, click the "Advanced" button, select the desired settings and click the "OK" button.
- To have this rule applied last, select the Do not process subsequent rules check box.
- In the "Perform the following actions" group, select the actions that you want to perform. Several options can be selected.
If it is indicated that the message should be deleted, the rules following the delete rule in the list of rules of the dialog box Deputy are not executed for the message.
Changing Alternate Rules
To change a rule, do any of the following:
- change a specific rule - click the "Change rule" button. Change the terms and conditions of the rule,
- Change the order of application of the deputy rules - in the group "Rules for processing messages when I am not at work" click on the rule that you want to move up or down the list. Click the Up or Down button,
- delete a rule - in the "Rules for processing messages when I am not at work" group, click the rule that you want to delete. Click the “Delete” button.