Cleaning fish is not a pleasant activity. In addition to chipped hands and scales all over the surface, we spend a lot of effort to keep the slimy dodgy little body on the table.
And all because the body of the fish usually covers a layer of mucus, which in most cases cannot be disposed of under running water. If you are going to cook catfish, you should know how to clean the catfish so as to remove all dirt, as well as get rid of the smell of mud.
Note that it is mucus that can be the source of the unpleasant odor and specific taste of the fish.
Catfish, unlike most aquatic inhabitants, do not have the usual scales on their skin, but the body is abundantly covered with mucus, which performs the protective function of the body of a dodgy predator fish.
You can watch on our website how craftsmen clean catfish on video.
How to clean catfish: a guide
So, you do not need to clean the skin of the fish from the scales, which means that
First thing is to get rid of the layer of mucus. The more thorough the cleaning process, the less likely it is that the swamp smell of a freshwater reservoir will pass to the meat.
Take more salt, roll the carcass in it, and then rinse thoroughly under running water (the procedure can be repeated several times). Next, you can proceed to cutting the carcass:
- gently open the belly, previously making a small incision under the head,
- we take out the insides so that, God forbid, not damage the gall bladder (leaking bile will give the meat bitterness),
- remove the inner film
- remove the gills
- rinse the carcass again
- dried with a paper towel.
Then you can proceed to dividing the carcass into portions, milling (if this is prescribed by prescription). When working with fish, it is recommended to always keep salt on hand, as this product perfectly cleanses and also acts as an absorbent (eliminates unpleasant odors).
Everyone knows that after working with the fish there remains a characteristic smell that has saturated the cutting board and our hands. A few drops of lemon juice and salt treatment will help solve this problem.
We clean fish without salt
How to clean catfish from mucus if there is not a large amount of table salt at hand?
Such a problem will not arise if you cook fish at home, but in hiking conditions (fishing, in the country, at a picnic), we recommend using one of the following methods.
For example, you can get rid of mucus with the help of ash. This method is good if further it is supposed to cook the whole fish (on coals, in clay, on the barbecue). And if you are going to carve (milling) the carcass, use this method of cleaning the catfish from the layer of mucus: smoke the fish on apple smoke.
Then remove the skin from the carcass in one motion in the manner of a “stocking” (it is easily torn off if you start from the head).
What can be prepared from catfish
There are many different dishes from catfish. Both unpretentious and quick to prepare, and exquisite delicacies.
Surely recipes are in the cookbooks that every good housewife has in the house. Just so far, you did not dare to try them.
Of course, you can use the Internet, where not only recipes, but also pictures of dishes and videos.
Catfish is valued in different countries. We hope that this fish will always surprise and delight you with its delicious taste.
Another useful way
Some housewives remove the layer of mucus like this: they doused the fish with hot water - the mucous substance curled up, the substance is removed from the surface with the blunt side of the kitchen knife. Do not use boiling water, as skin can be damaged by high temperatures.
In order to completely rid a fish product of a swamp flavor, it is better not to use the skin at all in cooking, because even thorough cleaning with salt, water and scrubbing will still not save the catfish from the “darling”, which as a result will affect the taste of the whole dish. But if you still need a skin, then table salt is the first “lifesaver” from mucus.
Still such recipes on our website:
- Hot smoked catfish - the right recipe for how to smoke catfish
For the preparation of fish dishes, various methods of processing the product are used: frying, cooking, stewing, baking, smoking, salting, drying, drying. Each technology has its own characteristics, and dishes.
We look at what can be prepared from unusual catfish - how to cook catfish liver
What can be prepared from catfish? If you cleaned the fish correctly, that is, remove the mucus and eliminate the marsh odor characteristic of this freshwater predator fish, you can.
How to dry and salt catfish, how to make balyk from catfish
Fans of fish dishes are often happy to cook them. Som, representing one of the largest river fish, is ideal for preparing holiday dishes as well.
Kebab from catfish on the grill - prepare a marinade for catfish
In the spring, we increasingly go out of town for a picnic, and summer is generally the most favorable time of the year to relax in the lap of nature.
How to clean catfish without much effort
Catfish - a fish unlike the usual representatives. It lives at the bottom of rivers and leads a nocturnal lifestyle. Due to the fact that the fish is constantly at the bottom, its skin is covered with mucus with a persistent aroma of silt.
At the same time, there are no scales on the body. Not everyone knows how to clean catfish. This product needs a special approach, and this is due not only to the lack of scales and the presence of an unpleasant odor, but also to the spikes that can cause significant wounds.
When starting work with catfish, it is important to consider that near-fin fins have sharp spikes that can seriously injure. Therefore, they should first be cut with a knife or scissors.
Before you start cleaning fish from internal organs, you need to prepare it. First of all, professionals advise to make sure that the individual is dead, otherwise it can injure the cook. Catfish is a very strong fish. To do this, chop off the tail, which in the future will still not come in handy anyway.
After this, the skin should be cleaned of mucus and partially rid of an unpleasant odor. For this, catfish are rolled in coarse salt and left for 5 minutes.
Then you need to rinse the carcass by scraping off the mucus from it, for this you can use a hard sponge, or scrape off the mucus with the blunt side of the knife blade.
No need to be afraid to damage the skin, the catfish is very thick and difficult to damage, so you can clean it actively.
It should be cleaned until the skin acquires a light shade. If this did not work out the first time, you can repeat the procedure. Soma is often prepared on a fishing trip, immediately after the catch, under these conditions, mucus can be removed with ash, it is important to thoroughly rinse the carcass after that.
Getting rid of mucus can begin to gut the catfish. This process has some differences compared with the gutting of other fish. Since the skin is thick, it will take effort to cut it.
To properly cut the abdominal cavity, you need to turn the catfish on your back and make a small puncture at the base of the head. Then, carefully pulling the skin with a knife from the inside, you need to cut it, being careful not to damage the internal organs of the fish. If the gall bladder breaks and its contents fall on the meat, it will ruin its taste.
The insides must be carefully removed from the abdominal cavity without tearing them from the head, then the gills should be incised and removed together with the insides. After this, the fish should be washed and all films covering the fish inside should be removed. Clean the product thoroughly. Pull out the fins by making a wedge-shaped incision on both sides.
If the entrails of the catfish contain caviar, it must be removed, freed from the film and fried or salted. She has excellent taste.
Fillet and Skinning
Information on how to clean the catfish properly will be incomplete if you do not know how to skin the carcass and separate the fillet. Once the fish has been cleaned, this stage can begin.
Skinning catfish is better when the fish is still whole, and not when the fillet has already been cut. It is most convenient to clean the carcass from the skin by hanging it by the gills. To do this, an incision is made near the head and along the back the full length of the fish.
Then the skin stretches down, for this it can be hooked with pliers. It is important to ensure that the meat does not come off, for this it needs to be cut in time.
It is the skin that has an unpleasant odor, so removing it you can get rid of it.
After the skin is removed, the fillet can be separated from the spine. The catfish does not have small bones, the only ones are the spine and ribs. Therefore, separating them you can get a clean fillet.
Cut it off by carefully making an incision along the vertebral bone, then deepen it reaching the ribs, but without damaging them. Skip the knife along the ribs and remove the meat from them. Cut the fillet from the tail.
Do the same with the other half.
The ridge and head are great for broth or fish soup, so throw them away. From meat you can cook many different dishes. Great kebabs or meatballs are made from catfish, because there are no bones in it at all. Knowing how to clean the fish and get rid of the unpleasant odor, you can regularly indulge yourself with fine dinners made from tender meat.
Cutting fish into a clean fillet without skin, bones: photo and video of methods and sequence diagrams
How to properly cut fish into pieces without skin and bones, what is the technology and sequence diagram
The technology of cutting fish is well known to professional chefs - they study it in detail in the process of their preparation.
But at home, with their own hands, it is extremely rare to get a precious fillet of marine production.
Therefore, we suggest that you know how to properly cut fish with minimal losses - the article describes how to get at your disposal a clean fillet without bones and skin.
To simplify the work, it is necessary to prepare the tools in advance. The board should be heavy and not sliding on the surface of the countertop. Knives need to be sharpened well in advance. Some details are best removed with a special knife or scissors for cutting fish.
How to Clean Raw Whole Fish
You can buy whole raw fish that the seller has already prepared: gutted and cleaned of scales, but the fish will still need further processing.
Her gills, fins, individual scales, and also blood and the remains of entrails may not be removed.
Before cleaning, choose the methods of cutting fish that allow you to do this with minimal time and effort.
The exact sequence of cutting fish is presented next step by step:
- Cut sharp fins, if any. Put the fish on its side. Using a cutting knife for meat or a knife for cleaning, make shallow cuts (about 10-12 mm in depth) along the fins, both at the upper (dorsal) and lower (anal).
- Remove the fins. Use fish tweezers, pointed pliers or a kitchen towel to remove the fin along with its supporting bones. If necessary, repeat steps 1 and 2 on the other side of the fish.
- When cutting fish, remove any remaining flakes. With the back of a strong knife, scrape off all attached flakes, starting from the tail and moving toward the fish’s head. To prevent the scales from flying apart, you can clean the fish inside a large bag or in the kitchen sink.
- Scrape all the blood from inside the fish. Open the inner film with the tip of a knife, making an incision along a strip that runs exactly in the middle of the fish cavity along the ridge. Scrape off any remaining blood and viscera and rinse the fish thoroughly.
- Remove the gills. If the gills, which look like shaggy pink or red crescents, are not removed, cut them with kitchen scissors, making cuts at both ends of these “crescents”. Rinse the fish thoroughly inside and out under cold running water and dry it.
Look at the photo cutting fish step by step, which shows the entire process of preparing the product for cooking:
How to Cut Raw Whole Fish on a Filet
Before cutting a whole raw fish into fillets, it needs to be prepared. The scheme for cutting fish on a fillet is always the same. An approximate fish cutting scheme is presented below as a step-by-step algorithm:
- Make an incision just below the head. Separate the carcass from the head on one side of the fish: position the fish with your head from you, with a fillet knife, make a diagonal cut immediately below the gills to a depth of half the fish.
- Make a cut along the back. Starting from the head, draw a knife along the back, cutting through the skin and flesh to a depth of about 2.5 cm, until you reach the tail. You should now see the spine.
- Repeat the cut. When making long, even incisions, once again go with the tip of the knife along the upper part of the spine to free the upper part of the fillet.
- Separate one part of the fillet. Lift the flesh at the base so that the ribs appear. Cut the flesh by sliding the knife along the bend of the ribs, trying to cut as much of the flesh as possible. Separate the first filet.
- Cut the second filet. Turn the fish over and make another diagonal cut to separate the head. Again cut along the top of the spine to separate the top of the second fillet.
- Separate the second part of the fillet. Cut the flesh as before, sliding the knife along the ribs. Remove the second filet. If desired, save the bones from lean fish so you can cook fish broth or fume later. On this, the cutting of fish into a clean fillet is completed, then other culinary operations are carried out.
How to skin fish fillets
Additional cutting of fish on a skinless filet may be required for some dishes. Before removing the skin from the fish fillet, do the following:
- Grab your skin. Position the tail of the fish fillet close to the edge of the cutting board. Use a fillet knife or another knife with a long thin blade. Cut vertically in the direction of the skin, but without cutting it.
- Place the knife under the fillet. Grasping the skin firmly, place the knife blade between the skin and the meat at a slight upward angle. Run the blade back and forth across the skin as if you were shaving off the meat. Remove skin and rinse filet.
How to get bones out of fish
To make boneless fish cutting simple and easy, follow these instructions:
- Before you remove the bones from the fish, make a cut along the edge of the bones. It is difficult to extract thin bones from some fish and should be removed with a knife. Place the fillet with the skin side (or where the skin was) down. Cut a meat knife or a fillet knife into an incision along one side of the thin bones, and then along the other side.
- Remove the strip with the bones. Use your fingers to pull a narrow strip of flesh containing bones and discard it. This method works well with flat fish.
To remove small bones from a slave, follow these instructions:
- Feel the bones. Place the fillet with the skin side (or where the skin was) down. Swipe your fingertips along the fillet closer to its center. If you felt the protruding tip of the bone, then they are still in place.
- Remove the bones. Using tweezers for fish or pointed pliers, pull out the bones one by one: cling to the tip of the bone and pull it diagonally against the growth of the bone. This method preserves the appearance of the whole filet.
How to check fish readiness
The overcooked fish looks dry, it will be very hard and will break into flakes when cut. To avoid overcooking, periodically check the readiness of the fish.
To check the readiness of fish by eye - make an incision in the fish with the tip of a cleaning knife. Inside the fish should be barely dull, but still humid enough, unless you need unroasted fish.
You can check the readiness of the fish with a thermometer. Insert an instant-action thermometer into the thickest part of the fish (usually near the head), try not to get into the cavity after the pulp is punctured. Most fish species are ready if the temperature reaches 46-52 ° C.
To check fish readiness - Insert a wooden toothpick or metal tester for a pie into the thickest part of the fish. They should enter freely with little resistance. Or, right now, lean this skewer against your lower lip - it should be pretty warm.
How to carve a finished whole fish
Before you chop the finished whole fish:
- Transfer to a serving platter. The whole fish can be transferred to a serving dish or served directly in the dishes in which it was prepared. To transfer fish to a dish, use a spatula and a large spoon.
- Notch your skin. Cut the skin on the top of the fish along the entire length with the edge of a metal serving spoon. Hold the fish with a second spoon.
- Remove the first filet. Slide the lower spoon along the spine towards the ribs to raise part of the pulp and skin, with the other spoon holding the fish on top.
- Remove the spine. When you remove all the upper fillet, slip a spoon under the spine and lift it. This will give you access to the lower fillet.
See how a professional fish is prepared for fillet by a cook - the whole technology is available on the video:
More on the topic do not miss
How to clean and carve zander at home - Stroim24.info
Рыба — это уникальный продукт, используемый для приготовления блюд различных кухонь мира. Среди представителей водной среды заслуженно отмечен обладатель полезного, с нежным вкусом мяса — судак. Блюда, приготовленные из него, могут стать изюминкой любого стола и приятно удивить членов семьи и гостей. Чистить и разделывать тушку можно по-разному.
Особенности и ценность судака
Tasty and healthy fish
Sudak is a predatory freshwater representative of the perch family with an elongated sharp head and two dorsal fins with spiny processes on an elongated body. The fish is the owner of sharp fang-shaped teeth on the jaws.
Pike perch is appreciated for white, tender and not bony meat. Fish is a source of vitamins and minerals, easily digestible protein.
Pike perch meat contains a unique chemical composition that normalizes blood sugar, improves the condition of mucous membranes and skin, and also prevents endocrine disorders, which helps prevent and treat nervous and cardiovascular diseases. Pikeperch meat is a dietary product, useful for people who are obese, sick or have a disease.
In cooking, pike perch has been widely used for cooking a variety of dishes.
The zander purification process for those with no experience and skill in this matter can be a difficult test. To clean zander, you can use a knife, special scrapers commercially available, a peeler with a longitudinal blade, or a hand-made device using glass bottle caps or an old kitchen grater.
How to clean this fish
Before proceeding to the cleaning process of pike perch, with the help of culinary scissors we remove the spiky fins in order to avoid injuring hands. If there are no scissors, use a sharp knife - in this case, remove the upper fins with a small grip of meat.
Zander can be cleaned on a cutting board, however, small scales during the cleaning process will scatter to the sides, additional cleaning of the room will be required. To avoid this, we recommend that you clean the fish in a container with water - this can be a dishwasher or a suitable bowl, a basin. Pike perch can be cleaned by placing it in a dense bag, inside of which scales will remain.
- We clean the fish with short movements against the growth of the scales a little diagonally from the tail towards the head. The scales of zander are stiff, tightly attached to the skin, to facilitate the process of its removal, spend the whole carcass diagonally from the tail to the head with a fork or a non-sharp knife before starting the procedure.
Related article: How to get rid of pigeons on the balcony, windowsill, attic?
The cleaning process can be significantly accelerated by applying one of the methods:
- grate the fish with salt - the scaly cover will be freed of mucus, the carcass will not slip in the hands,
- the fish can be doused with boiling water or dipped in boiling water, holding by the tail - the scales will become softer and easy to clean. It is important not to overdo the fish in boiling water, it will be possible to remove the scales at the same time as the skin.
How to gut a carcass
- We put the cleaned and washed fish on a cutting board or take it with our belly up. To avoid persistent fishy smell, grease your hands and board with lemon juice.
- We make a longitudinal section from the tail to the head, revealing the belly of the fish.
Carefully remove the insides without damaging the gallbladder - if its contents fall on the meat, it will be bitter. In the event of a bubble rupture, sprinkle the bile with salt and scrape with a knife. If desired, for further cooking, separate the milk or caviar, as well as the fat enveloping the inside.
Gutted and Washed Carcass
Cooking fresh fish fillet slices
- We make an incision along the head.
We insert the knife into the incision and with short movements we separate the flesh gliding along the bone.
Cut the rib bones.
Cut the rib bones
Separate the fillet from the skin.
Separate the fillet from the skin
The spinal bone remaining after cutting can be used to prepare fish soup or fish broth.
Cleaning and cutting frozen carcasses
Some people prefer to cut frozen zander, the process is similar to cutting frozen perch.
- We hold the fish under the belly, make longitudinal cuts from the head to the tail on both sides of the ridge. Make cuts along the ridge
- We remove the upper fins. We remove the upper fins.
- We insert the fingers into the cuts between the skin and the meat and separate it, the skin of the pike perch is dense and easy enough to separate.
- From the side of the ridge we do not completely cut the head.
- Pull your head down and remove the insides with it.
- We rinse the carcass and, if necessary, cut into portions.
How to prepare for stuffing
- Cut off the fins with kitchen scissors.
- We clean the carcass from the scales.
- From the side of the abdomen we do not completely cut the head, while we cut the spinal bone.
- Using your fingers, gently separate the skin from the meat, remove it towards the tail.
Remove the skin with a “stocking”
Cut off the tail from the carcass, thereby leaving it with the skin and preserving the integrity of the skin.
We recommend that you clean your fish with working gloves in order to avoid injuring your hands.
Using the above tips and acquiring skills in cleaning and cutting zander, you can quickly cope with this procedure without spending a lot of effort. Let dishes from this tasty and healthy fish become a frequent guest at your table.
Share with your friends on social networks
Cutting channel catfish on fillet
Somehow I went in the morning to catch carps, but instead of them I caught 3.5 kg of channel catfish on corn. I decided to take it with me to cut it up on a fillet and cook it. Previously, I often caught catfish on the donka, so I had some experience with the catfish.
Firstly, catfish have very prickly fin tips. If they flutter on the hook or carelessly cut them, then it is very easy to pierce your hand. The wound can become painful and long-healing, so when fishing, you need to carefully take the catfish, and at home you can bite / cut off the spiky fins to protect your hands.
Secondly, in the catfish, the body is covered with a large layer of mucus. With my first catfish, I was pretty tormented: I scrubbed off the mucus from them and covered it with coarse salt so that it could clean the mucus like an emery cloth. But the most effective way was pouring catfish with boiling water.
From boiling water, the mucus becomes white, it ceases to stand out from the body of the fish.
It is enough to wipe the carcass of the fish with a paper towel or just a knife to remove all the mucus from the fish. Without this procedure, the chopper will be very difficult to cut, it will constantly slip out of the hands, and the mucus will interfere with cooking, if you cut the fish into pieces.
Thirdly, it is believed that catfish have bad blood. With the usual cutting of catfish on a fillet, it is not necessary to press the fillet knife strongly against the spine of the fish, so as not to damage the adjacent blood vessels. If the blood nevertheless comes out, it is better to remove it with a napkin so that it does not spoil the taste of meat.
Usually I cut the meat along with the skin, starting from the tail, and do not cut the ribs. But if desired, you can cut through the ribs, and then pull them out of the meat with the help of pliers.
If you wish, you can cut a piece of meat from the abdomen of the fish. This must be done carefully so as not to pierce the internal organs of the fish, as this can also lead to the fact that the taste of fish meat can deteriorate.
I cut the meat from the skin not whole, but in portions. Some people prefer to eat catfish without skin, others on the contrary with skin, it’s a matter of taste. If you plan to grill fish, then you can use the fillet with the skin.
Fourth, some foodies believe that the taste of white catfish meat spoils the red meat of the muscles on the sides of the fish. They cut the red portion of the meat to enjoy the rich taste of catfish meat.
Ready meat should be washed well before cooking. Soma can be prepared in many ways, it has tasty fatty meat. Depending on the habitat, catfish meat may have a specific flavor, so meat can be marinated with salt and spices for the night, or it can be cooked immediately with seasonings.
In general, catfish can be fried, boiled, smoked, grilled, baked, marinated and made cutlets. Over several years of communication with fishermen, he came to the conclusion that some people do not like the taste of meat, while others consider catfish to be a delicacy.
Fifthly, there is another way of cutting catfish - this is removing the whole skin from fish. To do this, usually first you need to remove the fins with spikes, then make cuts of the skin behind the gills of the fish, cut the skin along the body along the back, and then tighten the skin with pliers or ticks.
The skin sloughs worse than when cutting a burbot, more effort is required. But on the other hand, it is well suited for cutting small catfish up to a kilogram to get a cleaned carcass of fish.
After skin removal, the tail and head are cut off, the abdomen is cut, and the insides of the fish are pulled out. Then the carcass is washed well. You can cook either whole or cut into pieces.
For cooking catfish, I like fish 3-4 kg in weight. They can cut a lot of meat. Larger individuals have a “tina” flavor, while smaller ones have better carcasses.
In the first year of my stay in Quebec, I just ate too much fish, since it was not worth much trouble to catch it on the donka. Later I mastered spinning and began to hunt pike, zander and bass.
Recently, I most often catch catfish on the basis of the "catch-let-go" principle, but sometimes I do not disdain to bring the prey home and cook something delicious from the catfish.
So the local canal catfish is a completely edible fish.
How to clean catfish without problems?
- carcass of a catfish
- salt, running water
- meat grinder and fork
- salt and spices
- vegetable oil
- egg and flour
Som is a fish that lives in freshwater reservoirs, it is distinguished by the fact that it prefers deep holes for life, filled with not too clean water, so its meat can be given in swamp mud.
It is especially important to rid the fish of the mucus that covers the skin of the catfish instead of scales. That it can become the main source of unpleasant odor that spoils even the most sophisticated dish.
To clean the catfish - in the beginning you need to roll it in coarse salt and clean the carcass. These are the main rules - how to clean catfish.
Then you can start digging the abdomen and cutting off the fins, tail and head. At the stage of extracting the entrails, one can find out that the catfish contains caviar. It can be prepared in many ways.
But first, you need to get rid of the films by cleaning it with an ordinary fork or passing it through a meat grinder. Salted caviar turns out to be successful when using a weak saline solution (a few hours for salting is enough).
And the task - how to cook catfish caviar becomes a simple test.
Cutting catfish with obligatory treatment with coarse salt and washing the carcass with water is a preliminary stage for the preparation of this fish. The most tasty are small catfish, which have not grown over 40 centimeters.
They can be baked in the oven in foil (so as not to dry). It is worth putting vegetable stuffing and fragrant herbs in the fish, which will help defeat the smell of the "river" if it is still left.
But if there is a question - how to cook catfish in the oven, if it is too large, then the answer is simple - chop it into portions.
The larger the catfish, the more joy the fisherman has, the greater the difficulty in preparing his tough and more “flavorful meat”.
In order to cook fish deliciously, it is necessary to carry out the entire preliminary set of cleaning measures and cut it into portions. Each of the pieces is rubbed with spices and fried - served with catfish with lemon slices.
And if you still have questions - how to cook a catfish tasty, then the article provides a recipe for frying it in a pan
For this recipe, you need to use either fillet or pieces of catfish, as well as egg breading and a mixture of flour and corn, in which you will need to dip the pieces of fish. Double breading allows you to achieve a better taste.
The recipe suggests that the catfish will be deep-fried, that is, pieces of fish should be completely covered with hot oil.
After frying the catfish using this recipe, it is recommended to put it on a napkin to drain excess oil.
If it is not possible to clean the catfish with salt at home, then you can try the hiking option, when the fish must first be smoked with apple smoke, and then remove the skin from it “stocking” from head to tail. In addition, cleaning the skin of mucus can be done with ash. Here you can choose the best option for cleaning the catfish and its preparation.
How to properly cut a flounder and quickly clean it from scales and skin, how to clean in different ways
Everyone has heard about the benefits of flounder, but few love to cook it. And this is due to the fact that the preparatory stage of processing seems terrible, because this flat fish needs to be cleaned, and then cut. Let's deal with all the intricacies of handling this marine fish.
Flounder - a fish with a flattened body, eyes on one side, a brighter upper body, facing up. She has the ability to mimic, has earned the recognition of gourmets affectionately calling her "sea chicken."
Even those who have tried flounder only once, note the unique and delicate taste of white meat. Flounder fillet contains about 20% of the daily intake of proteins necessary for humans. Moreover, the amino acids in this fish are balanced so that they are easily digested, that is, they are even suitable for the diet menu. Eating flounder, we get not only vitamins, but also trace elements:
Moreover, the amino acids in this fish are balanced so that they are easily digested, that is, they are even suitable for the diet menu.
Eating flounder, we get not only vitamins, but also trace elements:
It’s rare who doesn’t like to eat flounder, but to clean and cut it is a dubious pleasure
How to defrost fish properly
You don’t need any special devices for cleaning flounder - except for a sharp knife, an iron sponge for washing dishes (the last - for cleaning small fish). But some nuances need to be taken into account.
It is better to cook fresh fish, as over time it loses its beneficial properties. But if going fishing for fresh flounder is not your case, then you can get along with freshly frozen carcass.
And in this case it is important to defrost the fish, as it is cleaned and gutted