Devices with touch screens are convenient and easy to use, even the most remote from the world of technology people will be able to deal with them. They are focused on working with data not using ordinary buttons, but by touching the display with a finger or a specially designed object. Today, touch screens are widely used in various terminals, tablets and PDAs, phones and e-books. Like any other commonly used technique, they are easily dirty. Such displays must be cleaned in accordance with special requirements.
Where to begin?
Touch screens are produced using various technologies, so before cleaning, you should read the instructions for your gadget. Usually, in it you can find information on how and how to clean the device. In addition to this, at the same time as purchasing such a device, you can also purchase all the necessary cleaning agents. Usually in stores you can find a wide selection of liquids (polishes) and special microfibre wipes with antistatic properties.
The use of alcohol solutions
Some manufacturers indicate that touch screens should only be cleaned with distilled water or an aqueous solution of isopropyl alcohol in a 1: 1 ratio. Others prohibit the use of any alcohol solutions, including ethyl and methyl alcohol. If the instructions for your device do not contain such instructions, then information can be searched on the Internet. But until you find out anything, do not rush to wipe the screen with any means, as unsuitable substances can cause the screen to become cloudy over time.
What funds can not be used?
To clean the touch screens, it is strictly forbidden to use strong solvents such as benzene, ammonia, liquids for washing windows and cleaning monitors, aerosols and abrasive cleaners. It should be remembered that after the use of such aggressive agents, the manufacturer’s warranty will be void.
Methods for removing contaminants
In the case when the screen is very dirty, greasy spots are visible on it, it is better to use polish, if on the screen small impurities are found - a special tool or distilled water. Sometimes contamination can be removed by breathing on it and wiping it with a soft cloth. The screen must not be rubbed with a dry cloth, as this may reduce the sensitivity of the sensor.
Severe pollution - what to do?
If there is such pollution on the screen that you doubt whether you can clean it yourself, or if there are traces of aggressive drinks such as coffee, tea, alcohol, cola, etc. on the screen, you should give the device for cleaning to experienced specialists working in the service center.
After cleaning the touch screen from all kinds of contaminants, you should buy and stick a special protective film to it. If the film is of good quality, it will not be noticeable, but during operation of the device it will protect it from damage and various troubles.
To maintain the touch screen
If you use your touch screen phone or gadgets under normal weather conditions, that’s good. In the cold, you may have had to use a gloved touch screen.
It goes without saying that you should not place the phone with the touch screen down on the dining or kitchen table, next to the sink in the bathroom, where water, soap, detergents, vinegar or even your hand sanitizer can ruin the device’s screen.
It is better to avoid using touch phones while eating or doing any work. In addition, if you just washed your hands or disinfected, let them dry before using your smartphone or tablet.
Do not use paper towels or napkins to clean the touch screen of your phone. Some types of paper can cause irreversible scratches on the screen. In addition, never remove visible dirt with your hands.
Touch screen smartphone
Use a clean and dry microfiber cloth. Moisten the fabric with a few drops of distilled water - do not wet the fabric too much or completely. Gently wipe the screen with a damp cloth, without applying any pressure to the surface of the screen.
Using the dry part of the cloth, gently clean the surface in a circular motion. You can also buy recommended cleaning products for cleaning the touch screen for a better result.
If you have not found distilled water or a cleaning agent, you can simply breathe on the screen and wipe the moisture off with a microfiber cloth. And if there is no such napkin, then use a clean cotton cloth.
The Internet is full of life hacks - how to improve the appearance of the screen on a tablet or smartphone with gentle affordable means. Any manipulations with expensive equipment are best done after a simple preparation:
- Device shutdown
- Battery removal
- Seal all connectors with masking tape or similar.
If all of the above steps are performed carefully, moisture will not get on the gadget's chips.
Arsenal of funds
Almost every owner of a smartphone or tablet will be able to find the following cleaning products at home:
Important: if the scratch is deep, experts recommend repeating the procedure several times. According to some network users, this method is effective only in relation to minor defects.
Options for "advanced" users
Especially advanced users of modern gadgets can use the following tools to restore the touch screens of their devices:
- A tube of toothpaste. You can not use gel and whitening paste for the touchscreen. The sensor cleaning algorithm is as follows:
- A thin layer of paste is distributed on the surface of the screen,
- Using a cotton pad at the location of the scratch, gently wipe the product with circular finger movements,
- Erase the remaining toothpaste with a clean disc.
- Powder Drinking Soda. The tool is mixed with water in a ratio of 2: 1. As a result, a sufficiently thick white mass should come out. Using a cotton pad, soda is rubbed into a defective screen area, after cleaning, the sensor is wiped dry with a clean cloth,
- Bubble with baby powder. The procedure with this tool is similar to that used with baking soda,
- A drop of vegetable oil, rubbed into the surface of a worn screen, returns its aesthetic appearance for a while. But some owners of gadgets when checking this method did not find any cardinal changes "before" and "after" cleaning,
- Special auto-cosmetic formulations designed to eliminate micro-scratches. The polishing method is the same as with toothpaste,
- The use of automotive or furniture polish. In some situations, these tools can significantly “refresh” the sensor.
- a mixture of chicken eggs, aluminum foil and potassium sulfate. The last ingredient is sold in pharmacies.
For work, you need any soft cloth, for example, microfiber.
The sequence of operations is as follows:
- Chicken protein is separated from the yolk,
- 1 teaspoon of potassium sulfate is mixed with protein mass,
- The mixture is heated in any aluminum bowl to + 65 ° C,
- The heated composition is distributed on the foil and dried in the oven,
- A home-made napkin is blotted with water, dried again,
- The cycle "humidification - drying" is repeated several more times,
- Full drying time - 24 hours,
- Everything, the screen polisher is ready.
Important: When polishing a sensitive sensor, the main thing is not to overdo it. First, it’s better to try to clean the screen of the idle, old gadget using any of the methods described above.
If folk remedies are not suitable for restoring the appearance of the device, you can contact the service center to replace the touchscreen.
And remember - a zealous owner acquires tempered glass on the screen and a durable case in advance!