How to wipe tar off clothing - tips and tricks
It is possible to put a difficultly laundered stain of tar even in the city, especially if we are talking about children who manage to smear their clothes in whatever they can. But the most terrible people consider spots from tar on clothes, believing that they can’t be washed off.
This is not so - we will tell you how to remove the resin from the clothes so as to restore things to their former beauty and not spoil them.
Today you will learn about the following secrets:
How to remove tar from clothes - basic methods
First, take a thin sharp knife and remove the remaining resin. The more resin you remove from the fabric, the easier it will be to eliminate the stain. During the process, make sure that you do not accidentally tear clothes. After that, put the cloth in the freezer for several hours - frozen resin is much easier to remove. Pulling the cloth out of the refrigerator, gently using three hands to contaminate the area. Most often, the frozen pieces of resin fall away themselves. By the way, it is also possible to remove chewing gum from clothes.
You can try removing stains with an iron. To do this, we lay out clothes on an ironing board, be sure to put a clean rag under the area affected by the resin, we also cover the clothes with a cloth on top so that the resin does not come in direct contact with the iron. We heat the iron and iron the contaminated place a couple of times. In most cases, resin stains on clothing “migrate” to the fabric.
If the resin got on leather things, then vegetable oil will help us - put a little oil on a dark spot and wipe it with a cloth. And the remaining greasy traces are simply cleaned with alcohol.
How to remove tar from clothes - we deal with old spots
Most often, resin stains are removed the first time, but in some cases it will be necessary to use more powerful methods. So, you may need tools such as turpentine or alcohol, you can also use a solvent. Exactly the same tools you will need if you have to remove stains of engine oil. True, in any case, you first need to check their effect on the invisible parts of the fabric. We put a little money on a cloth and apply it to the resin for 15 minutes, after which we wash the item and dry it on the balcony or street.
Important: do not use powerful solvents to remove stains from colored fabrics - it is best to use refined gasoline. In no case do not use plain gasoline, additives in which simply ruin the fabric.
Bleaches and stain removers will help in removing stains - soak clothes in liquids for an hour and a half and wash them in a typewriter.
How to remove tar from clothes made of fur and hair?
Most often, children stain not only clothes, but also hair in the resin. Or they walk on a clean carpet in dirty shoes, leaving ugly stains of resin. How to remove tar from clothes in this case? Here you can help with vegetable oil or a common dish detergent. First of all, wipe the stain with a clean cloth dampened in any selected product.
If we are talking about flooring, then the stain must be removed from the edges to the middle.
Thanks to this, the spot will not become even larger. The fat remaining after the vegetable oil is removed with a detergent.
How to remove black tar from clothes?
Often on outer clothing you can see tar - a black substance added to asphalt and used to protect the roof. Such contaminants are washed off using vegetable oil: drip a couple of drops on a stain and wipe.
The remaining fat is removed with alcohol or detergent. Now you know how to remove tar from clothes - you must admit, nothing complicated! The main thing is to strictly follow the recommendations given, which will help you remove stains and leave your clothes intact.
What to do before processing
- Before treating the stain with a knife, razor blade or other sharpened object, remove tar cake or bitumen from the place of contamination. Movements must be neat. It is important to maintain the structure of the tissue.
- It is very important that the tar or bitumen remain liquid on the fabric. This will make further cleaning difficult. The sooner you start removing contamination after getting dirty, the better.
- Never use solvents such as acetone or others. They will certainly dissolve the stain, but they will have to say goodbye to the thing - you can’t remove the new stain with anything. It doesn’t matter if it’s white things or colored things.
Methods for removing tar spots
Ready-made special solutions. After preliminary treatment of the place of contamination with a sharp object, it is necessary to treat the dirty section of clothing with one of the special solutions to eliminate tar from the fabric.
Examples of chemical solutions removing tar:
- "Superb DeGraser" (England),
- Taar Remouver (Belgium),
- "Altrans" (Russia).
The procedure for using special industrial solutions:
- Before withdrawing, carefully study the instructions for the product used.
- Use personal protective skin for hands and eyes (rubber gloves, respirator, goggles).
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions clearly. Neglecting instructions is unacceptable. You can permanently destroy a thing.
- After processing the contaminated area of the fabric, rinse thoroughly, soak and wash.
Diesel and car shampoo.
These funds are used only for small specks on clothes, but it is worth noting that they cope well with specks from bitumen and tar on the thresholds and doors of a car.
Self-made cleaning solution.
To prepare such a solution you will need:
All components can be easily purchased at a nearby pharmacy and hardware store.
Next, the ingredients of the mixture must be stirred in a container until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. After mixing, it must be applied to the problem area, allowed to dry. Then it is scraped off with a blunt object.
To increase the effectiveness of the procedure, the procedure must be repeated several times. Then the thing can be washed with a stain remover. If a yellow greasy mark remains instead of a stain, it must be treated with chlorhekidine or laundry soap.
How to wipe bitumen from shoes
To get rid of tar from shoes, you need to do the following:
- Using a disposable plastic knife, you need to try to carefully remove most of the tar.
- Make soapy warm water, then use a toothbrush to remove any residual tar. If the shoes are unpretentious (for example, leather overalls), then use gasoline or white spirit.
- Wipe the item thoroughly with an unnecessary terry towel.
There are several proven folk methods for removing tar spots from clothing:
- Butter . Strange, but it works. Cut a small piece of oil, rub it with the place of pollution. During processing, the oil darkens and the stain on the clothes decreases. Continue the procedure until a greasy yellowish mark remains instead of contamination. Next, the thing must be washed off with soap and water.
- Fir oil . Wash abundantly several cotton cosmetic discs abundantly with fir oil, place them under the place of tar contamination. Take another disk, also moistened with fir oil and gently rub the stain, from the center to the edge. After you need to wash the item in warm water with laundry soap.
- "Coca Cola" . Suitable for washing overalls. Put the overalls in the washing machine, pour the required amount of powder and pour the Coca-Cola can into the drum. Next, wash as usual. The stain should disappear. But it is worth noting that this method will not work for you if you have an old spot.
- Soda solution. Dilute a glass of caustic soda in a bucket of warm water. In this solution, it is necessary to withstand the thing for 30-40 minutes, and then wash it with any washing powder.
How to remove a bitumen stain from clothes
In order to safely cope with any dirt, it is necessary to understand its nature. Bitumen is a by-product of oil, which settles after removal of light fractions from oil during the distillation process. So you need to remove it by similar means of origin. These are kerosene, gasoline fuel, “Uyat Spirit” familiar to everyone.
What you do not need to wash bitumen
- Various acetone solvents are best not to use - their composition is not suitable for bitumen. Acetone will not be able to dissolve the carbon compounds contained in bitumen, but only lighten it or smear it on the fabric.
- There is an opinion that bitumen can be removed from clothing using tools to remove corrosion, for example, WD-40. Considering that white spirit is also present in the composition of this product, it will really dissolve bitumen. But due to the fact that the composition also contains various mineral oils, a greasy stain will remain on your clothes, which will be quite difficult to eliminate. Although in order to remove bituminous mastic from shoes or a car, this tool is suitable.
- No need to freeze a fresh bitumen stain. There are many similar tips on the Internet. In fact, bituminous mastic will fit into the fibers of the fabric, it will be practically impossible to eliminate it.
The sequence for removing bitumen from clothes
- On clothes, bituminous mastic looks like a soft black piece of mud resembling tar. Therefore, it is first of all necessary to mechanically clean the largest not dried part of bitumen. First, at an obtuse angle, cut off the top layer of bitumen with a thin sharp object (for example, a blade or an office knife). One must be extremely careful without damaging the structure of the fabric. Scraping over the blotch is dangerous - so you smear the stain over your clothes or, even worse, tear off a piece of fabric.
- Next, you need to take a cotton cloth, roll it into a tube and put it under the place of pollution, pulling it. Then use gasoline, white spirit or kerosene to treat the stain. A tissue tube must be replaced periodically. Continue until the pollution disappears completely.
- Wash a thing in the washing machine with any good stain remover (Bos, Pyatnol, Vanish, etc.).
- If, after the described procedures, instead of a spot, yellowish stains appear, they must be treated with hydrogen peroxide.
Things to remember
Of course, it’s very unpleasant when a black sticky stain appears on your favorite thing. Often the housewives have a question, how to wipe the tar from the clothes of a child or adult.
Wash the thing after processing with the funds in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions on the label of the thing itself.
We clean the stains with improvised means
You put one spot accidentally, and do not want to buy a whole package of the finished product because of one such trace on the clothes? Then you can try to remove the pollution with home remedies. We will tell you how to remove such traces.
If the item is made of linen or cotton fabric, first try to wash the stain like this: wipe it with a swab or cotton pad soaked in ammonia.
- Conventional butter perfectly copes with tar spots from tar. Apply a small amount of it to the place where there is a trace of tar, and gently wipe the stain with a sponge or a clean rag. Do this until it disappears completely. The oil will darken over time, and the stain will disappear. Then the item can be washed as usual.
- Sunflower oil, as well as fir oil, can help solve this problem. To do this, apply a small amount of such oil to a cotton pad and gently wipe the stain. This must be done on both sides of the product by wiping in one direction. Then we remove the remaining greasy stains from the clothes. They are simply washed with a dishwashing detergent. Treat oil stains with this product, rub, leave for half an hour and wash the product.
- To remove stains from tar from clothes can be another very unusual, but very effective way. Just add approximately 1 cup of Coca-Cola to the powder during washing - the tar will be washed perfectly. It sounds weird, but it always helps. True, this method is only suitable if the stain is small and very fresh.
- It is good to remove such spots with caustic soda. Take 1 cup of such soda, dilute it in about 10 liters of warm water. Leave the item in a bowl with this solution for 1-2 hours, then wash.
- You can remove the stain with a mixture of soda, turpentine, starch and ammonia. All components, except alcohol, are mixed in a glass bowl in equal proportions, so much alcohol is added that the mixture resembles thick sour cream in consistency. Apply the resulting mixture to a contaminated area and leave it to dry completely. Remove the rest of the mixture, wash the item.
If there are a lot of such stains on clothes, for example, if the clothes are working, then the thing is left for two to three hours in gasoline, then squeezed, rinsed several times in running water and machine washed in an accessible mode. Gasoline must be refined!
Removing tar stains with household cleaning products
There are many professional tools with which you can wipe tar from clothes. Modern household chemicals have a very powerful effect and are able to preserve the color and structure of the fabric. You should always remember that before using such chemicals, you must carefully study the manufacturer's instructions so as not to damage the thing. Also pay attention to the expiration date.
Using any means of household chemicals, be sure to remember your own safety:
- Protect hands and face thoroughly
- take care of respiratory protection.
After you have treated the stain, do not forget to clean the item or wash it if possible.
It is possible to wash the tar from clothes with such means quite effectively and without damage to the thing, in addition, the use of such means saves time. Now you know about all the ways to remove tar from clothes.