how to clean the tongue if a gag reflex occurs immediately? (I can’t clean it. Can I rinse with something to remove plaque?
- plenipotentiary January 10, 2016 17:33
- egyptologywhose January 10, 2016 17:35
- bhutan5425 January 10, 2016 17:35
- egyptologywhose January 10, 2016 17:37
bhutan5425, I tried to get used to it, but I always had this (even when the doctor looks at the throat when it hurts, and presses the tongue with a spatula, I can’t stand it at all. I don’t get used to it (
- bhutan5425 January 10, 2016 17:37
egyptologywhose, too, but I'm used to it and it’s nice to brush my toothbrush
- nit8858 January 10, 2016 17:45
I do not clean deeply, also a reflex, it is for everyone. I don’t even go to the doctor) just breathe deeply with your mouth and don’t think about where to clean)
- 808mcfadden = 2_ January 10, 2016 17:58
That guy will have fun.
- egyptologywhose January 10, 2016 17:59
808mcfadden = 2_, where does the guy?
- crevice January 10, 2016 18:09
egyptologywhose seriously misunderstood?
- egyptologywhose January 10, 2016 18:10
- tear5146 January 10, 2016 18:15
- 808mcfadden = 2_ January 10, 2016 18:16
- crevice January 10, 2016 18:16
egyptologywhose, then it’s sad for your boyfriend at all, if you don’t even understand what it is about .. plus to exercise
- egyptologywhose January 10, 2016 18:17
crevice, I asked a question that interests me. why these jokes in the comments? I don’t have a boyfriend
- crevice January 10, 2016 18:19
egyptologywhose, approx. In fact, there are special ones, um .. I don’t know what they are called, scrapers for cleaning the tongue are sold in pharmacies. Try it out. As you inhale, put the scraper in your mouth; when you exhale, take it out. There will be less vomiting. Over time, nausea generally disappears.
- egyptologywhose January 10, 2016 18:20
crevice, thanks for the answer
- crevice January 10, 2016 18:21
egyptologywhose, try, it is really easier and better cleans with it. When I first cleaned it, I was stunned by how much plaque in the tongue, although I always thought that I paid more than enough attention to the hygiene of the tongue.
What causes nausea may be, why do you feel sick?
1 Intoxication. The result of food poisoning, intestinal infection, or even a viral disease. We should not forget that nausea often appears as a side effect of drugs (including chemotherapy).
2 Disruption of blood circulation in the nervous system.
3 Diseases associated with disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Nausea is also provoked by the use of poor-quality or unhealthy food or certain products.
4 Features of the functioning of the vestibular apparatus. Vivid examples: motion sickness or motion sickness.
5 Nausea is caused by certain emotions, disgust, fear, nervous shocks.
6 Toxicosis, in pregnant women, due to changes in hormonal levels.
7 Infectious diseases, gastritis and gastroenteritis can lead to a lack of appetite, diarrhea, weakness and nausea.
8 Nausea also manifests itself in other diseases, such as an ulcer, gallstone disease, and many others.
9 Injuries, high blood pressure, high body temperature also cause nausea.
10 Heart attack is also accompanied by nausea.
How to get rid of nausea, relieve, eliminate nausea during trips?
How to relieve nausea? Many people suffer from the fact that they have a weak vestibular apparatus, especially when traveling. The condition of these people can be affected not only by movement over significant distances, climate change also plays an important role. But if climate change and travel cannot be prevented, the following tips can help combat nausea.
1 Lollipop. This method has been tried more than once. Sweets help to cope with a feeling of nausea. This method is practiced during flights, offering passengers lollipops.
2 Peppermint will help not only solve the problem of nausea, but also relieve stomach cramps.
3 If you trust medications, then first of all - consult a specialist.
4 Caraway seeds can cope even with severe nausea.
How to get rid of nausea at home without medication, how to relieve nausea at home?
Below are several methods that can help relieve nausea, get rid of feelings of nausea, and eliminate this feeling when you are troubled.
How can I get rid of nausea at home? In order to feel better, you should turn to one of the tips:
1 Drink strong, not very sweet, always warm (by no means hot or cold) tea. Exclude milk from the diet, it can contribute to the fermentation processes in the body.
2 Eat only diet foods, this will help stabilize the stomach.
3 Breathe deeply. Calm and even breathing will help to relax and get rid of nausea in a stressful situation.
4 Decoctions of herbs such as chamomile and mint, as well as tea with ginger reduce discomfort.
5 If nausea is a side effect of taking medication, consult a qualified doctor.
6 Also, one of the methods to get rid of a nauseous condition is a compress with warm clove, chamomile or lavender oil, which should be placed on the stomach.
7 Refuse fat, drink mineral water (preferably Borjomi). Reduce your servings when eating. You can eat a slice of pickles or a slice of lemon.
How do pregnant women get rid of nausea, feelings of nausea?
Pregnant women do not always know that it is possible to reduce the symptoms of toxicosis, how to reduce the symptoms of nausea during pregnancy. Adhering to certain rules is very likely if the nausea during pregnancy is not eliminated, then the symptoms of toxicosis during pregnancy can be significantly reduced, and the feeling of nausea and nausea will appear much less often than they can be in the process of bearing the fetus.
1 Consumption of copious amounts of fluid. One of the factors that cause nausea in pregnant women can be dehydration. Women who are expecting the birth of a child are recommended to drink about two liters of liquid per day. It can be either pure water, green or herbal teas. Regarding their composition should consult with a gynecologist.
2 Pungent and strong odors can cause nausea in pregnant women. Habitual and previously pleasant aromas sometimes have an unpredictable effect on the receptors of a pregnant woman, so she needs to be protected from such irritants for a while.
3 As a preventive measure to combat nausea, walks in the fresh air and avoidance of stressful situations are used.
4 To prevent unpleasant manifestations of pregnancy, women are also advised to devote enough time to rest and healthy sleep.
How to relieve nausea, get rid of nausea in simple ways?
There are many ways to overcome nausea. One of the most effective remedies for this is ginger root. With its help, the digestive system is working, toxins are removed from the body. This product best reveals its capabilities if consumed in its raw form. If one is not at hand, it can be replaced with pickled, dried and ground, or ginger baked goods. When symptoms of nausea appear, it is necessary to increase the volume of drinking. The best options in such cases are slightly warmed still mineral water or regular drinking water with the addition of a sweetener. Also, crackers perfectly save from nausea. To get rid of unpleasant sensations, crackers should be in small slices, slowly. It is very important that the fluid that the patient consumes is just warm, since ingestion of hot or cold into the stomach can intensify unpleasant sensations.
Decoctions and teas based on medicinal plants: mint, chamomile, fennel, anise and cardamom help eliminate nausea. They are preferably drunk with honey. The gastric mucous membranes, which are prone to irritation due to poisoning and infectious infections, can be protected by eating bananas. They envelop the inner surface of the stomach and intestines. To calm your stomach, eat bananas for nausea or after you have already vomited. If nausea is associated with motion sickness when moving, you should stop and breathe a little fresh air. With the help of vomiting, the body tries to clear itself of toxic and pathogenic substances. Therefore, when such a natural need arises, you should not try to delay or suppress it.
How to get rid of nausea at home?
Your breathing should be deep, if possible, go to an open window or another source of air movement - turned on fan or air conditioner. After that, lie down, or rather try to sleep. A healthy sleep in many cases drives away painful sensations. In such cases, neck and back massage is also effective. To improve your well-being, place a damp towel moistened with cool water on the back of your neck.
Sometimes a feeling of nausea occurs due to unpleasant odors. If the reason is in them, it is enough to remove the source of influence on the olfactory receptors, and the discomfort will quickly recede. In addition, with the appearance of nausea, it is worth revising your diet. Follow the tips below:
1 Do not skip meals. Eat at least in small portions, drink drinks slowly.
2 It is allowed to drink apple juice, while removing coffee, soda and alcohol from the diet.
3 Do not eat both cold and hot foods.
4 Effective remedies for nausea - mint and ginger drinks. The express method of getting rid of nausea is applying a few drops of peppermint oil to the gums.
5 Cool the fresh lemon, cut it and inhale the aroma, then cut and eat a slice of fruit. This will help eliminate nausea. Alternatively, you can drink water with lemon juice or dissolve frozen lemon slices under the tongue.
6 Drink a cup of warm, strong sweet tea.
7 Not recommended dairy products.
8 During illness, eat only dietary food.
9 Drink as much mineral water as possible.
These simple rules will help you get rid of the feeling of nausea turning into vomiting. Concentrate on some detached activity, so your thoughts will switch from a painful state. While on the road, you can be distracted from the discomfort by lozenges without filling or take pills from motion sickness. The choice of the drug is best done based on the recommendations of the doctor.
How to quickly get rid of nausea?
Avoid the fuss. Sit down and relax. If the nausea did not go away or returned, lie down. In this case, the head should be raised and located above the rest of the body, a pillow should be placed under it. In this situation, sleep will be the best way to normalize the patient's condition. Try taking some leisurely deep breaths. With the help of fresh air, the lungs will be cleansed, the discomfort in the stomach will ease, and the anxiety will go away. Take a deep breath with your nose, hold your breath and exhale slowly through your mouth. Sit for a while in silence, closing your eyes. Try to direct your thoughts in a positive direction, distracting from the disease. Set aside your gadgets. Their prolonged use can cause a headache that aggravates nausea.
Distracted affairs that do not require physical stress will help to distract from the uncomfortable state. Watch a light comedy or make a call to a person close to you. Nausea sometimes becomes more severe under the influence of anxiety and anxiety. Negative thoughts need to be driven away from yourself in order to quickly cope with weakness. Turning attention to other matters, it is important to prevent strong emotional stress. So, long reading or writing a text requires concentration and greatly tires the eyes. In a healthy person, such actions do not cause discomfort, but if you feel unwell, intensified by nausea, additional irritants can only aggravate the disease.
Try to eliminate physical activity and not be subjected to other loads until the nausea is eliminated. If in some cases physical activity in moderation helps the patient cope with unpleasant sensations, then in the case of nausea, any unnecessary action is likely to worsen the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and intensify nausea. Provide access to the room with fresh air and try to get rid of unpleasant odors that can provoke an aggravation of nauseous sensations. Given that the sense of smell and digestion are interconnected, strong or pungent odors can adversely affect the patient's condition. Do not smoke until you feel better; postpone cooking and spraying perfumes.
The relationship between reflex and migraine
It is still unclear, but studies in this area indicate its existence. Initially, you can detect the presence of headache and migraine, then abdominal migraine appears, causing pain in the abdomen. After this, a gag reflex occurs, often accompanied by these headaches.
In addition, most of the signs that cause the onset of a vomiting reflex also give rise to the development of migraine. These triggers are characterized by the presence of factors such as excitement and emotional overstrain.
And finally, thirdly, as studies in most children with a gag reflex show, one can see the presence of heredity of migraine or it simply develops with age.
Due to the similarity of these two phenomena, such as the gag reflex and migraine, doctors are trying to prescribe some patients serious medications, also used for headaches and migraines. Medicines have the ability to suppress outbreaks of the disease, reduce the frequency and dangerous consequences.
The vomiting reflex, which occurs constantly, can have very negative consequences. Some of the most basic ones are listed below:
- Dehydration. As a result of this phenomenon, the patient's body loses a lot of water.
- Electrolyte imbalance. The gag reflex is also complicated by the loss of salts, resulting in a violation of their normal functioning.
- Digestive esophagitis. The consequences of the disease negatively affect the esophagus - the tube connecting the stomach and mouth. This occurs as a result of damage caused by acid producing the stomach causing a gag reflex.
- Hemathemesis. It is characterized by vomit mixed with blood due to bleeding of the esophagus due to damage.
- Esophageal rupture. As a rule, this applies to the lower part of this organ, which can tear if regular collisions of vomiting with the stomach occur.
- Tooth lesions. Often, the reflex leads to damage to the teeth from exposure to acid contained in vomiting. Acid is known to adversely affect enamel.
There may be other equally serious complications.
To get rid of the gag reflex, you first need to consider the main causes that can cause it. But first, probably, it should be said that sometimes patients themselves are able to determine the factors that provoked vomiting. One of the most common is the effects of infection. You can also name the reason, which is often found in small patients. It is directly related to emotional overstrain, anxiety, or intense excitement. Colds, allergic reactions, as well as excessive consumption before bedtime of certain foods, such as cheese or chocolate.
As a rule, outbreaks of the gag reflex are divided into:
The first type in most cases includes such provoking factors:
- problems of nasal breathing, various injuries with damage to the septum or inflammatory processes in the sinuses,
- the presence of toxicosis, which usually occurs in the first stages of pregnancy,
- a consequence of the response to touching some places in the oral cavity,
- pathology of the gastrointestinal tract or other diseases of the intestine and other organs,
- the result of extensive intoxication of the body.
If we list the problems of a psychological nature that cause the urge to vomit, then we can basically reduce it to various stressful situations, nervous strain, and many others. At the same time, one cannot identify any specific reasons for the gag reflex, taking into account which it would be possible to avoid a repetition of the situation in the future. After all, each new flash, as a rule, differs from other previous ones. Moreover, it is characteristic for outbreaks to occur at the same time of day, to continue the same period of time and have the same symptoms.
If there is a constant gag reflex, then at different ages this phenomenon has its own distinctive features. It is characteristic of adult patients that episodes of vomiting are longer than in children, but manifest themselves less frequently. In addition, in children it is much easier to determine the causes of vomiting than in adult patients. Для постоянного рвотного рефлекса не возрастных ограничений, он может проявить себя в любом возрасте, тем не менее, у детей наиболее часто такое случается в возрастном отрезке от трех до семи лет.
Еще следует сказать несколько слов о самих эпизодах. They sometimes occur very hard, so hard that the patient can not get out of bed for several days. Currently, there is no exact statistics on the number of people suffering from this disease, however, some researchers in the field of medicine believe that there are a lot of such patients. The difficulty in determining the exact figure lies in the fact that there are quite a few common diseases that can also cause vomiting. A large number of patients are given a definite diagnosis without taking into account the fact that the main disease here is a constant vomiting reflex.
The phases of the gag reflex
There are several of them. The four main ones are:
- Sign phase. She is the precursor to the gag reflex and gives a signal about the imminent start of the next episode of the disease. This phase is often characterized by severe abdominal pain, its duration can vary dramatically and take either a few minutes or hours. In some cases, when taking medications during the early phase of the onset of symptoms, the gag reflex may stop. It should be noted here that sometimes this phase may be absent altogether: the patient begins to vomit immediately after waking up.
- Flash phase. Actually, she speaks for herself and is directly characterized by nausea and vomiting, the patient feels extremely unsatisfactory, he lacks the desire and ability to not only eat and drink, but even use medicines for vomiting. The patient has a pale face, exhaustion, he is drawn to sleep.
- Recovery phase. It originates after the cessation of the outbreak phase, that is, when the patient no longer feels sick and does not vomit. It is characterized by the return to the face of a healthy natural color, appetite and energy.
- Interval phase. Her name also explains the essence of the process, which is a period when there are no symptoms between episodes.
How to suppress a gag reflex
It is believed that this disease cannot be completely cured. Of course, treatment can relieve suffering to some degree. First of all, experts advise to devote more time to night rest, not to overwork physically and emotionally. And, of course, follow recommendations that help prevent outbreaks of the disease, stop them, and reduce the number of symptoms.
At the next episode of the disease, it is necessary to continue to lie in bed, the room should be quiet and dark. If the patient suffers from severe nausea and vomiting, it may be necessary to be hospitalized for an internal fluid infusion. This will help prevent dehydration. A lot of help can provide sedatives.
In some cases, vomiting is completely prevented in the initial stage. For example, patients experiencing severe pain before the episode may, after prior consultation with a doctor, take ibuprofen. There are also effective means to calm the stomach, for example, omeprazole, it lowers acidity.
To restore salt and water imbalance, it is very important to drink water and a means to replace lost electrolytes, which are necessary for the normal functioning of the body. It should be borne in mind that the symptoms of the disease during the recovery phase may change, therefore, even if the patient detects a return of appetite, you can not immediately eat solid food, but first you should drink only water.
Patients who suffer prolonged and painful episodes of the disease should be treated in between episodes to make them less intense. Among the drugs that can eliminate headaches and migraines, for example, such as panadol and amitriptyline. They should be taken at intervals, but keep in mind that they are not always effective for each patient. To understand their effectiveness, sometimes such medicines should be consumed within one or two weeks.
In addition, the last phase deserves special attention. It is considered exactly the time when the opportunity is given to establish the cause of the disease. For example, if the patient knows that during the intermediate stage he suffers severe excitement or experiences stress, then he should pay attention to the state of the nervous system. When he has an aggravation of sinus problems or an allergy appears, then this should be under special attention.
As mentioned above, to get rid of the gag reflex, doctors recommend omeprazole, which instantly reduces acidity and can protect against vomiting and nausea, heartburn, and ibuprofen. In addition, there are many effective ways to help suppress the urge to vomit almost instantly after they appear:
- saline solution. This will require one teaspoon of salt and a glass of water. Stir it all and rinse your mouth. You can also use soda for these purposes. But you need to take into account that mucous membranes will dry from it, which will bring some discomfort,
- dental spray. This tool, as well as a gel of a similar property, will cause numbness of the mouth,
- sea water. It is necessary for nose washing procedures. This will help ease nasal breathing, and this is the first step to overcome to suppress the reflex. Also for this purpose, you can use both the salt solution already mentioned above and a set of special drops that are freely sold in pharmacies.
- Strong compression of fingers into a fist. If necessary, quickly eliminate the urge to vomit, you can apply this method. This method has been tested repeatedly and is considered very effective.
There are times when a reflex occurs when brushing your teeth. In such situations, probably. The best solution would be to consult a specialist for advice. It is possible that the cause of this circumstance will be an allergic reaction to some ingredient in toothpaste.
By the way, for those who are afraid of a visit to the dentist because of a gag reflex, and these fears are justified, it is advisable to make an appointment after dinner. Studies show that in the morning hours the reflex is more sensitive. Therefore, you need to prepare for this thoroughly and try not to take any food, at least three hours before the visit. It will not be superfluous to drink antiemetics, they will perfectly help to cope with unwanted urges when examining the oral cavity.
In case of arising urges associated with psychological factors, it is advisable to include various kinds of breathing exercises in your daily routine. This may be special gymnastics, yoga, other techniques useful in this situation. They will help to master the practice of relaxation and teach you to control yourself in difficult situations.
Important: you can try to master the technique of taming this reflex. For this purpose, it is only necessary to make special nightly irritation of different areas of the oral cavity, thereby developing their less sensitivity. This technique is considered quite effective, because it makes it possible not just to stop urging once, but to achieve a complete and final solution to problems.
In order to treat vomiting reflex at home, start a diary in which to reflect the results of observations: in what situations does a gag attack most often occur, where, at what time. The following are simple but effective recipes for getting rid of the disease:
- Breathing exercises. Need to breathe and breathe! If you feel even a faint approximation of the reflex, try to take rhythmic breaths with your nose, and exhale through your mouth. The principle is that the gag reflex cannot be manifested at the same time as breathing, just as you cannot swallow food and breathe together.
- Sound exercises. To prevent a reflex, you can try to make humming sounds, as well as humming sounds, which will ensure a constant flow of air.
- Physical exercise. They should be performed in a sitting or supine position. Having taken one of the positions, you should raise your legs. After that, tighten the abdominal muscles. Such an exercise will suppress vomiting.
- Reflex exercises. In order to “retrain” this phenomenon, you need to train the parts of the oral cavity every day so that when you touch a toothbrush or teaspoon it does not cause a gag reflex. These objects need to be placed farther and farther, pressing in the region of the front teeth to the sky, step by step moving deeper. It may be enough ten to fourteen days to forget about this disease forever.
- Relaxing exercises. You need to be able to relax. As mentioned above, the main causes of an increased reflex may be physiological and psychological disorders. Maybe you already had a not very pleasant experience, when in certain situations, for example, being at the dentist, you had this problem. Talk with your doctor, share the results of the previous treatment, when the reflex manifests itself, which contributes to this. All this will make the relationship trust and will help in further treatment. Exercises to relax the nervous system, which are based on the correct regulation of breathing, as well as meditation, can only benefit. In more complex situations, an appeal to a hypnologist will not be out of place.
If after performing a particular course of exercises, the gag reflex was suppressed, but then returned again, do not despair and try to repeat the therapeutic exercises again. If you do everything correctly and persistently, the disease will certainly recede. As they say, our health is in our hands!