A lot of literature has been written and read about how to bathe newborn children, but when it comes to practice, young parents have a fear of doing something wrong with their little and helpless crumbs. Bathing a child is the basis of his health and hygiene, therefore, the implementation of certain actions for the preparation and conduct of water procedures can become a special tradition of your family, which will give pleasure to both the baby and parents.
What to cook for bathing a newborn
When planning a newborn’s bathing, the following items must be prepared:
- Children's plastic bathwashed with baby soap. This bath should be used only for bathing a newborn, it is unacceptable to wash it and soak the laundry.
- Hammock or slide in the bath - These are special devices for supporting the newborn, in which the baby reclins with his head raised. If you do not have much experience, then these devices will help you to master the bathing technique at first. Especially convenient, while mom does not yet have the necessary dexterity.
- A small jug of water. When filling the bathtub with water, fill the jug and place it somewhere nearby so that at the end of bathing the newborn rinse with this water, which has managed to cool down by about a degree. This procedure is an element of hardening.
- Thermometer for water. For temperature control.
- Newborn bathing agent or baby soap. It is recommended to use in small quantities and not more often 1-2 times a week. With frequent use of soap, the skin's natural protective layer may be impaired and it may become dry. The use of soap with antiseptic additives is unacceptable.
- A sponge (washcloth) or just a piece of soft cloth. A newborn can be washed simply with strongly soaped hands or with a soft cloth.
- Terry towel or a terry sheet with a hood.
- Clothes for the newborn. Baby's undershirts, sliders or diapers, if you swaddle your baby, a disposable diaper. It is necessary to cook and arrange in advance on the changing table.
- Cotton balls, cream under the diaper, baby oil. For treating the skin of a newborn after bathing.
- Hair brush or a baby comb with blunt edges.
- Infusion of herbs or potassium permanganate solution. It is necessary to consult with a pediatrician about the possibility of using baths with herbs. This can be a series of various inflammatory skin lesions. As well as chamomile, motherwort, valerian. To prepare an infusion of herbs, you need 1-2 tbsp. pour a glass of boiling water over a collection spoon, close the lid, let it brew for at least 1 hour and strain through a fine strainer.
Step-by-step procedure for bathing a newborn
- Fill the bath with water (temperature 36-37 degrees). Comfortable water temperature is closely related to the season and ambient temperature. Boiling water is not necessary, it is enough to fill the bathtub with ordinary tap water. In order not to produce a lot of steam, pour first cold water and then hot. While filling the bath with water, it is stirred so that the water is everywhere the same temperature. To measure the temperature of the water, a special water thermometer is used. It is necessary to determine the temperature using a water thermometer without removing it from the water. It is unacceptable to rely only on your own feelings on the principle of "hot-cold." There is so much water that it slightly covers the body, and the face remains open.
- If you use herbal preparations or a solution of potassium permanganate, then add the prepared infusion of herbs or a few drops of a solution of potassium permanganate, so that the water acquires a slightly pink hue.
- Undress the baby and gently lower it into the water. Whatever the newborn is afraid of water, it can be immersed in water wrapped in a thin diaper. The diaper will gradually get wet, and envelop the baby's body. This method is called adaptive bathing of the newborn.
- It is advisable to bathe the baby together - with a husband or grandmother for safety. The lather of a baby becomes very slippery, and it also moves. If you bathe a child together, then there will be almost no problems: one supports, the second washes. In the absence of assistants at first, a hammock can help.
If during bathing the newborn gets water in his ears
If during bathing a newborn gets water in his ears, then there is nothing to worry about. It is simply necessary after bathing to wet the auricle with a cotton swab, and insert loose cotton flagella into the ears - they will absorb water that has got into the ear canal. It is strictly forbidden to insert pieces of cotton wool into the ears before bathing, since when they are removed, a large difference in pressure may appear, which can damage the membrane.
If a newborn cries when you bathe him
If your newborn baby cries every time you try to lower it into the water, then perhaps it is either hungry or the water is too hot or cold. Try to change the temperature, remove or use a diaper, reduce the bathing time. Bathing a newborn should occur without any haste. The movements of the person who bathes the child must be skillful and dexterous so as not to frighten the little one, not cause him unpleasant emotions and not harm his health.
Try to create a favorable atmosphere: smile and talk with the baby, bathe the newborn only in a good mood, otherwise your stress and nervousness can be transmitted to the child.
If the reason for crying while swimming is unknown, you should not endure the crying of the child and forcefully continue the procedure, take the newborn in your arms, calm and feed him, temporarily taking a break for several days and limiting himself to a daily toilet.
When you can bathe in a large bath
A newborn can be bathed in a large shared bath almost immediately after birth, if the parents have the skill, but only after thorough treatment with detergents (soda, baby soap). Carefully observe the behavior of the child - if he is not active, lies calmly, then this water is too warm for him and does not stimulate him to take active actions.
Never Do not leave the baby unattended in the bath, even for a second.
Never do not draw water into the bathtub when the newborn is there - a sharp temperature drop can damage it.
Never Do not dissolve potassium permanganate crystals in the baby bath so that the baby does not get a burn. Prepare the solution in a separate bowl.
Remember, bathing a newborn is a pleasant procedure! Subsequently, you yourself will receive great pleasure from bathing your newborn baby.
Preparation for water procedures
All necessary accessories should be prepared for bathing in advance:
Before bathing, the bath must be thoroughly cleaned with soda, thoroughly rinsed with water and rinsed with boiling water - this disinfection is carried out before each bath.
It is recommended to bathe a newborn baby with soap 1-2 times, wash with shampoo - 1 time per week.
- Special baby washcloth (you can use a soft, clean cloth, a piece of cotton wool or just wash it with your hands).
- Infusions of herbs.
Water infusions have antiseptic, antiallergic, soothing and restorative effects on the delicate skin of the baby.
For the preparation of herbal decoctions, use chamomile, sage, calendula, a series of (details about bathing in a series), coltsfoot, plantain. If the child is restless, you can use decoctions of fragrant hay, needles, lavender, peppermint or lemon balm. Related article: Baby bathing in the grass
- Water thermometer
- Prepared rinse bucket
- Towel or diaper for wiping the baby
- Clothes for baby
The optimum temperature for bathing is 20-22 ° C.
Recommended water temperature for starting bathing is 34-37 ° С. Within a few days, you can reduce the starting temperature by 1 ° C, gradually approaching 30-32 ° C.
Before healing the umbilical wound, the baby needs to be bathed in water previously boiled and cooled to the required temperature.
When the preparatory procedures are completed, the baby should be undressed and given the opportunity to take air baths - an additional tempering procedure.
Gradually lower the child into the water on the shoulders, while the head and neck should be above the water. It is more convenient to hold the baby with his left hand, gently supporting his head on a bent elbow, while the thumb lies above the baby's left shoulder, the rest in the left armpit. You can use a special slide - it supports the child’s head, while facilitating the procedure for parents.
Properly bathe a newborn baby from top to bottom:
- First, wash your baby with clean water. Then you can soap a piece of soft tissue or a hand and wash the baby’s head from the forehead to the back of the head.
- Wash the baby's skin behind the ears, neck, then the arms and under the arms, then the chest and sides, the inguinal region, paying particular attention to the folds. The perineum is gently washed with a cotton swab for the girls, and the fold under the foreskin for the boys.
- Rinse the bathed baby out of the bucket with clean water.
The duration of the first bathing can be 5-8 minutes, subsequently the time of water procedures can be gradually increased - up to a month to 15, then up to 30-40 minutes (provided that the process itself gives pleasure to all participants).
You might be interested in: Bath toys for children up to one year old
When to start?
The first time newborns are bathed (if there are no complications) the day after discharge from the hospital.
However, some pediatricians believe that the first 2 weeks of newborns should simply be wiped with a soft, moist diaper to prevent inflammation of the umbilical wound.
Or bathe, placing the baby in a bath wrapped in a diaper (to create conditions similar to those in the mother’s womb), alternately pulling out the arms and legs for washing. This will prevent the baby from freezing while swimming.
What water to bathe the baby in?
It is recommended to bathe the baby in boiled water (boil water for at least the first couple of weeks) with the addition of potassium permanganate (completely a drop, until a slight pinkish tint is obtained, since its excessive addition dries the baby's skin).
Pre-disinfect the bath with a cleaning agent (soda, laundry soap) or a special antiseptic that is safe for children.
How to choose the optimal water temperature?
The ideal temperature for bathing the baby is 37-39 degrees, and the air is 20-24. Air baths are also useful for the baby: before washing, you can let him lie down for 3-5 minutes naked without clothes.
After bathing in the bath, air procedures can not be arranged, since not completely dried up skin of the child creates a serious risk of a cold. For the same reason, all ventilation windows, especially in winter, it is better to close.
The temperature of the water is allowed to be reduced by 1 degree over time, gradually reaching 33-30 degrees and lower (useful for hardening the newborn).
Hardening plays a very important role in the formation of good health of the baby, so start it gradually, without sudden jumps in temperature, without causing the child discomfort.
Remember, the child must be active in the water: if he is sluggish and yawns, then the water is too warm. Also keep in mind that during bathing the water manages to cool by 1-3 degrees.
Also, note that the door to the bathroom must be open during the procedure for free air flow (there should not be a draft).
Do I need to add something to the water and use soap?
If the baby's skin is healthy, it is better to swim in clean water. In the presence of diaper rash and other inflammations on the skin, sea salt, a decoction of chamomile, a string or elecampane (in the absence of an allergy to these herbs) are added to the water.
The use of shampoo and soap during washing should be limited, since they dry the skin very much, it will be enough to use this or that once a week (remember that only those detergents that are allowed for children are used!).
Baby Bathing Algorithm
- We fill the bath with water of the desired temperature (after boiling and cooling it).
- We immerse the baby gradually, starting from the feet, allowing him to get comfortable (the first times, as mentioned above, you can bathe him directly in the diaper).
- If the child cried a little during the first bath, this is the norm, it’s okay - the main thing is that the next time he gets used to it and feels calm.
- It is more convenient to use a hammock or other holders, but if parents have chosen the traditional way for swimming, then it is better to hold the baby by the head with his left hand so that the little finger is under the neck and the other fingers are under the back of the head.
- You can immerse the crumbs almost completely, but make sure that water does not get into the nose and mouth.
- First you should wash your neck, then your arms, legs, body, special attention should be given to the folds and genitals, but not to overdo it. My head last, pouring from a bucket onto the hairs in the back.
- Watering from the bucket is necessary from top to bottom, the water temperature should be about a degree lower than in the bath.
- It is not necessary to finish swimming after 5-10 minutes. If the child is calm and likes to be in the water, then the procedure can be extended to half an hour or more.
- For convenience, you can use an inflatable circle for the neck: it will allow the baby not to choke and make it easier for parents to watch the bathing. With a circle, children quickly become more active in water.
- After pulling the baby out of the water, wrap it with your head in the prepared dry diaper and let the water soak (do not rub it!). Then cover the baby with a towel, and you can leave the bathroom.
What to do with swimming if the baby is sick?
A factor preventing bathing is a strong malaise of the baby and a state of prolonged crying. We need to wait until it becomes easier.
At a slight elevated temperature, it is possible to wash the child, but with water, which is 1-2 degrees lower than the temperature of his body (in this case, it is important that the clogged pores are cleansed, sweat secretions are washed off). Slightly cool water will help normalize the temperature of the baby.
Change in bathing conditions
If you followed all the rules of swimming, try changing the conditions:
- mode (if you bathed before meals, then try to do it after a meal or bathe it in the morning instead of the evening),
- water temperature (make it warmer)
- bathe the baby with her mother (the mother must be pre-washed).
It is important to know that the so-called "whims" of the baby are directly related to his physiology, here you just need to listen and understand which bathing regimen will be most convenient for him.
The right attitude and the availability of toys
Young mothers also need to remember that mood plays a big role: if your hands tremble, the child will also be anxious, and this phobia can remain crumby for life.
Also, while swimming, you can carry out water exercises. This is a very useful activity that children enjoy. And when the baby becomes active, you can give him rubber floating toys.
Over time, when all procedures are systematized, the child will again be happy to flop in the water, learn to stay afloat without the help of adults.
No to unnecessary experiments
As for diving: inexperienced parents should not experiment with this, because the child can choke and he will forever remain afraid of water. Yes, there are such practices when a baby swims underwater, but before you start doing this, you need to go through special courses or trainings.
In such a bath, it is quite possible to bathe a one-year-old child, as it is quite comfortable and spacious. Often a slide for bathing, compartments for soap and washcloths is built into them.
Models without a slide are less convenient, because mom will have to bathe and simultaneously support the newborn’s head with her hand.
In them, the baby occupies a comfortable semi-sitting-semi-lying position, is fixed, which allows mom to free both hands to wash her baby.
However, such models have anatomical protrusions, which over time become an obstacle for a moving baby.
They are convenient for storage and transportation, and exclude injuries to the child during bathing. These bathtubs come in all kinds of colors and are very comfortable for children.
The downside of such bathtubs is the presence of wrinkles that are difficult to clean. Moreover, over time, harmful microbes that emit an unpleasant odor accumulate in them. For these reasons, most mothers use inflatable bathtubs only as a spare or "cottage" option.
Also in our time, a great many bathtubs have appeared with various additional features, such as: built-in thermometer, scales, rubber mat, anti-slip coating, thermoplastic inserts (change color depending on the temperature of the water), drain holes and other devices.
But, is there any sense in such a bath if you can bathe the baby in a shared bath? You decide!
Advantages of a special bath for newborns
- in a small baby tank it’s easier to control
- less boiling water required
- удобна для перемещения и если в доме нет настоящей ванны, а, например, только душевая кабина,
- можно добавлять марганцовку, отвар череды и другие отвары трав, не опасаясь тем самым испортить эмаль ванны (пластик легко отмывается).
Why do you need slides and hammocks for swimming?
Therefore, most mothers believe that a slide for swimming is not the most practical device.
There are also hammocks for swimming, allowing mom not to be afraid that the baby will slip out. The hammock is attached to any bathtub; it can be removed and washed.
Preparatory phase - removing the diaper
Before the procedure, you need to remove the diaper from the baby and gently wipe the stool with a damp cloth.
It is not necessary to use wet wipes too often and forcefully wipe off adhering feces from the ass, it is better to moisten a cotton pad with baby lotion or oil and lightly sweep over an untreated skin area - everything will be washed off quickly and easily.
How to wash the crumbs under the tap?
When washing the baby, they put their back on the mother’s left hand so that his head rests on the elbow, and the body lies along the arm. Fingers need to support the baby's hip, and with the other hand - his ass. This is the safest and most comfortable pose.
Hand movements when washing and the direction of the water stream is strictly in the direction from the genitals to the anus (to prevent bacteria from entering the genitals from the intestines). It is advisable to wash it with tap water, the temperature of which is approximately equal to the temperature of the newborn.
After completing the procedure, it is necessary to wipe (wet) dry the skin of the child with a diaper or a towel.
Features of washing the boy
- washing the penis and scrotum (important!) you can’t open the head of the penis, you just need to massage it slightly,
- if it is not possible to wash the boy with tap water, you should use cotton pads moistened with baby lotion or boiled water: first you need to wipe the penis, then the testicles and skin folds in the perineum, and then the ass.
Do I need to use additional funds for a diaper?
If the baby’s skin is healthy and free of irritations, it is not recommended to use powders, oils, creams, and other products under the diaper - they are used only in case of irritation and diaper rash.
Also, do not abuse the soap when washing, as it dries the skin, and the skin of the crumbs need to breathe freely.
Know, while combining baby cream and powder, lumps form in the diaper that rub and irritate the baby’s delicate skin, so avoid making such mistakes.
In addition, remember that all means used under the diaper (if you still use them) should be intended for children. Never use cosmetics for adults, no matter how expensive and high-quality it is!
If a child encounters redness in the genital area, consult a doctor immediately, do not take any measures yourself.
When to start bathing?
The very first bath is a crucial moment for the whole family. The further mood for bathing the little man and his parents, who have to bathe the baby every day, depends on how the adoption of the bath for the first time passes.
With the advent of the baby, a baby bath should also appear in the house. This is an item that is easy to transfer to the warmest room for bathing your baby. The bath is easy to wash and prepare for water procedures. Read about how to choose a bath for a newborn >>>
The first days after birth, the baby is washed under a stream of water, wipes folds. The umbilical wound heals in a few days, the clothespin pinching the umbilical cord disappears. The first days at home - this is the moment when it is already possible to bathe a newborn after the hospital. Read important information in the article How to bathe a newborn baby for the first time at home >>>
The benefits of swimming
Water procedures are important not only for hygiene, but also for immunity and emotional pleasure of crumbs. A water of suitable temperature is:
- cleansing and skin care of a newborn,
- soothing, calming effect
- hardening and training of thermoregulatory functions of the body,
- one of the ways a kid learns the world around him,
- pleasant emotions for the baby and for parents.
Important! The first months of life, when the baby's skin is especially sensitive, bathing is carried out with a frequency of once a day. After six months, you can bathe your baby every two days.
Taking a bath is best planned in the evening. Water procedures have a calming effect, help to cope with colic. (For all ways to help with colic and abdominal pain in the baby, see the Soft Tummy online course >>>)
Bathing will help relax the newborn and will be an excellent preparatory procedure for a sweet night's sleep.
It so happens that swimming does not reassure the child, but rather invigorates. In this special case, bathing the newborn is recommended in the morning. The most important thing is to choose the best time so that the bathing procedure brings maximum benefit and pleasure to the baby, and is also easy and pleasant for parents.
Follow the individual daily routine, convenient for you and your baby. The daily routine will help you get used to the new conditions of life with a small child in the house and establish healthy development of the children's growing organism.
Attention! If you bathe your child in the evening, try to create the conditions for the bathing procedure to take place in the most relaxed atmosphere. Maintaining emotional balance will help to calmly put the baby to sleep at night.
Preparing to take a bath
In order to make the bathing pleasant for the baby and for the parents, you need to consider the following nuances:
- It is most convenient to bathe a newborn baby in a baby bath. The bath must be thoroughly washed and rinsed with boiling water for disinfection,
- For the first baths, until the umbilical wound has completely healed, it is recommended to use boiled water cooled to the required temperature. Read more about preparing water for bathing a newborn baby >>>
- Measure the temperature of the water in the bath with a water thermometer. You can also use the "ulnar method" to measure the suitability of water for a baby’s safe bathing. The optimal temperature for bathing is the closest to the temperature of the amniotic fluid of the mother - 37-38 degrees,
- If necessary, prepare decoctions of herbs, they will help in caring for the delicate skin of the newborn. Choose herbs with a calming effect, or antiseptic decoctions, to combat allergies or restorative,
- Baby hygiene products. It is not recommended to wash the newborn with soap more often than 1 time per week. Shampoo for washing your hair can not be used, just wash your hair with clean water,
- Baby washcloths. In order to wash a newborn baby, you can use special baby washcloths. They are usually made from natural soft tissues that will not harm the baby’s skin,
In addition, these products are decorated in the style of children's toys. They attract the attention of crumbs, pleasant to the touch, cause positive emotions. Later, bright washcloths and other bathing toys will become a bright positive moment in the process of bathing and playing with water. In the meantime, the baby is only a few days old, it can be washed with any soft cloth, a small cotton swab or just a hand.
- To rinse the bought baby, you need to prepare a bucket with clean water,
- Prepare a clean, dry diaper and a soft baby towel to dry and wrap the baby after bath. Ordinary adult towels, without corners with a hood, are very convenient for this purpose. They are warm, absorb moisture well, conveniently protect the baby’s wet head,
- Prepare all baby skin care products after bathing in advance. Cotton swabs and sticks, a clean diaper, diaper skin care products and umbilical wound treatments,
- It is necessary to have a set of clean clothes ready to put on washed baby.
Bathing and feeding
In order for the bathing procedure to take place in a comfortable positive atmosphere, the baby must be full.
Know! If the baby is breast-fed, then the breaks between feeding and bathing are not necessary. The newborn can be fed before bathing and immediately after. Mother's milk, unlike mixtures, is absorbed very quickly.
The baby on artificial feeding can be bathed an hour after feeding.
Swimming in the grass
Herbs are often used for bathing a young child with delicate vulnerable skin:
- A succession and calendula will help with redness and rashes on the skin,
- Chamomile will help to cope with colic,
- A decoction of motherwort will relax and soothe the baby.
To prepare a decoction of herbs for swimming:
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of dried herbs with cold water,
- Bring to a boil and let it brew for 20 minutes under the lid,
- Before adding broth to the bathing water, strain through gauze or a fine sieve.
Bathing. Procedure sequence
So, everything you need is cooked, it's time to bathe a newborn baby:
- The baby bath should be high enough to keep your back straight. This will help you stay alert, not get tired of the responsible and exciting baby bathing procedure,
- Lift one end of the bath, placing a thick book under its edge. A slight tilt of the bath is necessary so that the head of the newborn does not immerse in water,
On a note! You can also purchase the so-called anatomical bath for bathing a newborn. It already has an inclined plane, for convenient placement of a small child.
- Fill the bath with boiling water and dilute the water to 37 degrees. For uniform temperature, mix the water, then measure the temperature with a baby water thermometer and / or elbow,
- If necessary, prepare a decoction of herbs, strain it and add it to the water in which you will bathe the newborn,
- Place a container of hot water in a convenient location away from you. When cooling water, you will add a little hot water from the far end of the bath so as not to harm the baby,
- Roll a thick diaper into a pillow and put it in the bath in the place where the baby’s head will be placed,
- After a short air bath, wrap the naked newborn in a thin diaper,
- Carefully immerse the baby in water so that the body and shoulders are in the water and the head is on the pillow. Keep your warm hand on your newborn’s tummy,
- With a small bucket, start watering the child with water. Let the water flow down your baby’s hand, so you will control its temperature,
- If the water cools, let a small stream of hot water run along the edge of the bath and stir the water. At the same time, the bath should be long enough so that hot water does not create discomfort for the baby.
Attention! The length of the bath for bathing a newborn should be at least 65 centimeters.
- Wash the baby's arms and legs, alternately releasing them from the thin diaper in which the newborn is wrapped. Then again cover the baby with a diaper so that he does not feel cold,
- To use baby soap or not for the first bath, it is up to mom. Some mothers do not use soap at the first baths. If the baby was washed with baby soap, then it must be rinsed with clean water, which must be prepared in advance,
- Wash the washed baby in a warm diaper, which absorbs moisture well. Wrap the baby over a diaper with a warm bath towel.
How to wash a newborn. rules
You immersed the baby in water, doused it with warm water. He is warm, comfortable and you are also calm that the baby enjoys water procedures. How to wash the hair and other parts of the body of a newborn:
- The baby's head is on a pillow from a towel or diaper. My head moves from the forehead to the back of the head. Rinsing the head, you can protect the face of the child by putting your palm edge to the baby’s forehead,
- The body of the newborn with my hand, baby washcloth or cotton swab with or without soap. We wash the neck folds, armpits, the gaps between the fingers of the arms and legs,
By the way! Empirically, you will eventually find out if your baby prefers warmer or cooler water.
- Folds on the handles, legs, inguinal folds are washed with a cotton swab, if soap was used, rinse thoroughly. If there is redness, then it is useful to rinse the folds with a decoction of herbs and treat them with appropriate means (from diaper rash, prickly heat or irritation),
- The genitals are gently washed on the outside. In the process of bathing, while the baby is in the water, the genitals are cleaned of contact with water. After bathing, rinse with clean water,
- Wipe the eyes with clean cotton swabs from the outer edge of the eye to the nose,
- The ears are gently wiped with a cotton swab dipped in clean water. We pay special attention to cleansing the behind-the-ear folds.
Attention! If the baby is cold in the bath, you will notice that his nose and lips turn blue. If the crumbs are too hot, then the face turns red. In addition, the baby will declare any discomfort with a loud cry.
Watch a useful video tutorial on bathing a newborn:
Age features of swimming
If frequent bathing of a baby brings a lot of trouble and excitement, then over time this procedure becomes easier. How does the process of taking a bath change as the baby grows and develops:
- From birth to 1.5 months. Swimming is carried out daily. To protect the baby’s fragile body from the difference in temperature of water and air, we bathe it wrapped in a thin diaper. Interesting information about what temperature should be in the room of a newborn >>>
- From 1.5 to 3 months. The baby bathes in a supine position in a baby bath in a small amount of water,
- From 3 months to six months. The kid becomes mobile, shows interest in the world around him. He can still be bathed in a baby bath, or he can be bathed in a large bath with his mother,
- Since six months. At this age, the baby is already sitting. Now he will be interested in splashing around, playing with some water. You can bathe in a basin, or in the same baby bath using a special bathing chair. The Velcro fastener is attached to the bottom of the bathtub. The child sits on a stool, plays with water and at the same time bathes.
How long does swimming take?
- If baby crumbs are held daily at a specific time, then how long does it take to bathe a newborn? As a rule, the baby is not kept in the water for a long time at the first bath. The procedure usually takes 5-7 minutes,
- If the growing baby likes in the bath, then bathing can be prolonged, while it is possible to maintain the optimum temperature of the water. After 1.5 - 2 months of life, bathing can last up to a quarter of an hour,
- After six months, when the baby bathes in a sitting position and plays with some water, the bathing procedure can last 30-40 minutes.
The ransomed baby is comfortably wrapped in a warm bath towel. In order to keep him happy and soon fall asleep sweetly:
- Shake the baby and feed him,
- Lay the baby on the back, dry with a diaper folds of skin,
- Treat creases with appropriate hygiene products,
- Put on a diaper
- Put on a cap so that the head of the newborn’s ears is securely protected after bathing,
- Put your baby in clean clothes
- Now you can go to bed.
Follow all recommendations and swimming will be your favorite procedure for you and the baby!
For a detailed video about bathing your baby and caring for a newborn, see the course “Happy Maternity: Soft Care Technique” >>>