You probably really, really want to get a dog. But what if parents are against it? In the end, they have such a parental job - to have some doubts about whether you will be able to raise a dog. Well, your task, accordingly, is to convince your parents that you can, and also to demonstrate to them all the advantages of having a dog in the house. You can show the most sympathetic face of a puppy as an argument, it’s even better. In general, this article will help you convince parents to get a dog and get rid of the need to ask and humiliate themselves.
Method 1 of 3: Show Parents the Benefits of Living with a Dog
1. Say that this way you will spend more time with your family. This argument will please parents. In the end, what kind of parent doesn’t like that the child sits at home and does business, and doesn’t hang around do not understand where or is not sticking out at the computer monitor ?! So emphasize that the dog is exactly what you need in order to spend more time at home and, as a result, with your parents.
- Say that a dog is fun, and everyone. You can walk in the parks with the whole family, walking your pet, or throw a plate in the backyard for the dog.
- Colorfully depict the episode of a family dinner or watching TV in the company of a dog warming your legs.
2. Say that this way you will spend more time outdoors. Yes, they may like it too, especially if you are a homebody, an owl and do not go far from the computer, and your parents just repeat something like: “Go outside, take a walk ... take a walk!”. If so, then build the argument that the dog needs to be walked, you will do this and, as a result ...
- Say that the dog will help you tear yourself away from the computer and, as they say, plunge into childhood and funny children's games for a couple with a shaggy four-legged friend.
3. Say that you will become more balanced mentally. Animals are excellent psychotherapists, and dogs in particular. Dogs feel the mood of the owners and come to the rescue - they just know when it is needed. If your parents spend a lot of time at work, hint that, among all the other advantages, you will not be so lonely with a dog.
4. Say that with the dog you will feel more secure. If there is a dog at home, and this is noticeable, then the chances of encountering thieves are lower. Explain to your parents that a properly trained dog is a reliable protector. If you are old enough for your parents to go on vacation, leaving you alone at home, say that you will be calmer with the dog.
5. Say that the dog will teach you responsibility. True, you should have already shown your parents that you were responsible enough, but still say again that the dog is what you need to become a reliable and responsible person. And that's why:
- Having a dog requires you to obey the daily routine. Feed, walk and play with the dog should be scheduled.
- With a dog, you will go to bed earlier and wake up earlier, forgetting about sleepless nights in front of the monitor.
- The dog will teach you to understand the importance of responsibility towards another living being.
6. Tell me what benefit will be from the very dog that you want to get. You can simply explain how good this or that breed is. No need to whine “Dog, I want a dog!”, I must say firmly and confidently “I want Labradoodle!” And so on. In this way, you will show your parents that this is not just a passing desire, but something more serious that you already thought what and why you need. By the way, here's what you need to think about:
- Tell us about all the strengths of a particular breed. Say, fidelity, good nature, ease of training and so on.
- Tell your parents how to raise and train a dog of this breed.
- Tell us where and how much you can buy such a dog.
“Just show, if any, a photograph of the dog of the breed you want.” No one can resist the sight of a cute little puppy!