The choice of courses and how much time you can spend on the chosen course can be of great importance in the first year of study at the university. Difficulties in the curriculum are a somewhat subjective question, to what extent your classes will be a challenge for you comes from how many courses you take, in addition, how difficult specific subjects will be. Here are some tips for finding the best balance.
College Questions and Answers
Who would have thought! In Russia, six graduates have one person with secondary technical education. Which of them do you think is easier to get a job? If idleness is not the goal of your life, then most likely you will certainly not remain without work. This, as well as 10 more advantages of studying in college - under the heading "Answers".
“Is it true that entering college is easier than going to college?”
- In most cases, yes. Typically, a college entrant must present a certificate of incomplete or complete secondary education upon admission. The number of USE points, as a rule, does not matter - it is only important to have a certificate of delivery. Only some colleges seriously consider the results of the state exam in the Russian language and mathematics, which must be passed after graduating from the 11th grade. So, you don’t have to bother with the Unified State Exam - just scoring a minimum of points in each subject. If you studied well at school, this will be a plus for admission - the admissions committee of the college (unlike a university!) Draws attention to certificates without triples.
- Do I need to specially prepare for admission?
- For culinary and industrial colleges that do not cooperate with universities or are sponsored by low-ranking institutions, additional preparation for admission is not required. It is enough to know Russian, mathematics and - sometimes - an additional specialized subject at the level of a secondary school student. You should not be afraid of such exams - for admission to a budget place, it is enough to score 35-50 points out of 100 for each. The competition "on a budget" ranges from 0.3 to 2 people per place.
But if you are going to go to college at popular universities such as the Russian State Humanitarian University, Moscow State Law Academy or Moscow Institute of Economics and Economics, keep in mind that the competition for a budgetary place will reach 3-5 or more people, and in many colleges there will be no free places at all. It’s not so easy to enter such educational institutions: internal entrance tests are “sharpened” purposefully for a university and in 90% they require additional training. Finding a tutor to take such a narrowly targeted exam is quite difficult. Therefore, colleges did not miss the opportunity to earn extra money and in almost every educational institution they created paid courses. Such courses are the best option, they practically guarantee admission.
- How much is college tuition at the contract department?
- In the most unfavorable situation, the cost of college education is, as a rule, much more democratic than in universities. It ranges from 12 to 60 thousand rubles per year of study. If a college exists at a well-known university, prices can reach university ones. For example, for one semester at the Humanitarian College at the Russian State Technical University, 53 thousand rubles will have to be paid.
- How many years have been in college? How is college education different from college?
- After the ninth grade, college education will be three to four years, after the eleventh, two to three years. Some colleges can go after the seventh or eighth grade. In a good way, the motto of a college student is the phrase: "Practice, practice and practice again." In the curriculum of colleges there is much less theory than in university programs, and much more practical training and working practice by profession. The curriculum of the college is highly specialized and short, it does not have fundamental theoretical subjects and knowledge to enrich the horizons. In economic colleges, students do not study the history of Keynes theory and the Roosevelt course, but the rules for compiling business plans and reports. From the first lesson, they explain to future accountants how it is easier to compose income statements and reduce debit with credit, culinary students practice in restaurants every week. Unlike university students who only experience senior internships, college students already know what awaits them - after all, they have more than one month of work in their profession. In this regard, college studies are more focused not on obtaining a diploma, but on the further application of knowledge in work.
- Is it true that after college you can enter the university immediately for the third year without passing the exam?
- Not certainly in that way. According to the new rules adopted by Rosobrnadzor in 2010, after college, a student has the right to apply for a budgetary place in the first year (!) Of a specialized institute with a shortened form of education in 3-5 years. In this case, you can only rely on part-time education. If the applicant wants to study full-time, then the training time will be standard 5 years for a specialist and 4 years for a bachelor.
- If I have a low exam score, can I go to college directly through college?
- Yes, but only for the specialty received in college. USE results for admission on a college-university basis are not needed. To become a university student, the applicant passes three exams, which are approved by the university every year. Passing these exams after several years of specialized training is much easier than a high school graduate to adequately pass the exam. Due to the knowledge base obtained, college graduates enter universities without additional training. Another condition: you can enter only those universities with which the college collaborates.
- Is it possible, while studying in college, to get a bachelor's degree?
- It is possible, but the degree will be called a little differently - applied undergraduate. This innovation took effect on September 1, 2011.
- What more can you learn in college?
- In decent places, a college student has the right to preferential additional study of foreign languages taught in his educational institution, creative development courses and sports sections.
- What is the difference between primary vocational education and secondary vocational education?
— NGOs involves obtaining a profession before graduating from high school (after the ninth grade). Already at eighteen, you can get a specialty and start working. It's easy to do - just go through an interview. The study of general subjects is minimized. The maximum time takes practical training in professional disciplines. Educational institutions under the NGO program graduate skilled workers and employees.
Open source software It is aimed at training practitioners and makes it possible to get a sought-after specialty in 2-4 years. You can act either after the 9th grade (then the education will last 4 years) or after the 11th grade (and get an STR in 2-3 years). For admission, you need a certificate from the State Academic Examination or Unified State Examination and an additional college exam. Graduates of such educational institutions have the opportunity to enter the university for a specialty immediately on the 2nd – 3rd year.
- Will a college graduate remain unemployed? Is there employment after college?
- Hardly. If idleness is not the goal of your life, then most likely you will certainly not remain without work. From the first year of college, a student practices in his profession. This suggests that he will already have experience behind the release. In addition, about a dozen vacancies for students are always open at the employment center (it exists at every self-respecting college). The statistics speak for themselves: according to the Ministry of Education, college students in 87% of cases find work in the first half after receiving secondary specialized education, and 70% of those who combined work and practice do not change jobs after graduation.
- Do college students receive a deferment from the army and a scholarship?
- In state-accredited colleges, deferment from the army is provided for the entire duration of training. State students are paid a scholarship. True, it is half the size of the university - about 400-500 rubles.